Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need A Little Help Please.......

Hi

Our church is planning a Children's holiday club for 3 days over February half-term 10.00 a.m.-2.00 p.m. Do you know what the regulations are with regard to registering with Ofsted etc?

Thanks

Don't know why I'm responding because I'm not sure of the answer :o

If it's a one off, I don't think they have to register, but then again the fact that it is for 4 hours, I'm not so sure. It may also depend on the ages of the children attending.

As a parent I think I would want to know;

that Ofsted were aware of the excistance of the provision, even if they don't have to register.

Also I'd want to know about Insurance cover, which for some Insurance companies they require a formal registration of the provision.

I'd also want to know about CRB checks

I'd suggest phoning Ofsted then you will have the difinitive (spl) answer.

ooh, just like to add that when I had my preschool and wanted to open during Summer hols, they just put an add on to my excisting registration, subject to me using same premises, same staff etc

Peggy

it used to be that playschemes didnt have to register as long as they dont organise more than five days over the year (if that makes sence) but the rules have probably all changed now.

Id check with Ofsted as Im not sure what other regualations apply to playschemes, it would be worth checking if they have any publication all about playschemes for future reference