Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do You Close Over Christmas

Hi All,

Our nursery contract says that parents have to pay for 52 weeks of the year. We usually close over Christmas and have never had a problem with parents paying for the 52 weeks. However, we have two parents this year who are refusing to pay. What happens elsewhere. I thought this was the norm for nurseries and was following what everyone else did. We are closed from 29, 30, 31st

Any comments would be appreciated.

If we close, we don't charge parents.maybe the thing to do in future is to split the cost of 52 over 50, so they pay a little more for the open weeks and cover the closed ones?? In any case, if they have signed their contracts, they have accepted the terms, so they have to pay

Thanks for your replies. The thing is my fees are pretty cheap anyway and I provide lots of trips, a really good Christmas party with an entertainer, santa with presents and the children have a really full on Christmas dinner plus we like to provide the children will presents they make for Mum and Dad (which all involves loads of extra expense). I can see there point in a way, but as you say they signed the contract and I am sure it says we close at Xmas.

We're part of a chain and powers that be way above my level decided along time ago that we woldn't charge for Bank Holidays - it's not something I agree with though I have to say, we do lose alot of money, maybe it will change in the future, nice for the parents, not so nice for the business!!

Hi All,

Our nursery contract says that parents have to pay for 52 weeks of the year. We usually close over Christmas and have never had a problem with parents paying for the 52 weeks. However, we have two parents this year who are refusing to pay. What happens elsewhere. I thought this was the norm for nurseries and was following what everyone else did. We are closed from 29, 30, 31st

Any comments would be appreciated.

hi, we close on christmas eve at 4.30(normally 6pm and reopen on fri 2nd---parents pay half fees for week inbetween xmas and new year, this is the norm for the area (north east) maybe this could be be negotioated with owner(if thats not you!!!!)and parent contract revised.

if parents refuse to pay and they have signed contract you could enforce non payment of fees policy and refuse entry in new year

happy xmas

We close on christmas eve at 3pm and re open on monday 5th january, we also close for a week at the end of August which is 4 days plus bank holiday its never been an issue for us with parents.