Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sustained Shared Thinking

Im looking to do a comparative study on sustained shared thinking. Dont seem to beable to get any joy from our early years pedagogue unfortunatly :o

Is there anyone in Cheshire that would be prepared to let me come and observe this practice after half term? We dont do it so it isnt a criticism of your practice it is something I would like to implement in ours.

Andrea

I don't live in chesire but i have just been on a course for sustained shared thinking - very good they showed a DVD "learning to talk" that you can show staff in your setting... which you can get for your settings.

Hi Simcity

Where can you get the dvd from, I have just been to a teaching session on sustained shared thinking as part of my EYPS training and they used a great dvd but it was really expensive over a £1000! So I would be intrested in acquiring your recommended DVD as long as it was not to expensive.

thank you

julie

Well actually wolfie when i typed it i thought well we do but i would like to do it better and involve all the staff!! xD

i am going to a conference next month by marion dowling I jsut need to find a setting i can do my comparative study on. :o

andrea

had 120 reading my message is there no one from cheshire? :o

Andrea

How far are you prepared to travel - are you near the border with any other counties where there might be willing participants?

well i do a 100 mile round trip to uni!! however as we all have the same objective to get a placement (only for as long as it takes to gather the info by the way not a whole term) I thought it bettr to look nearer to home. So yes thanks wolfie anywhere within range. :o

Andrea

i can do free flow indoor outdoor as it is something we are in the fros of doing and have had kind permission to visit a local pre-school so will just have to change tactics but as i said it really interests me to see SST in action properly.

Hi Simcity

Where can you get the dvd from, I have just been to a teaching session on sustained shared thinking as part of my EYPS training and they used a great dvd but it was really expensive over a £1000! So I would be intrested in acquiring your recommended DVD as long as it was not to expensive.

thank you

julie

The DVD we used was from www.talkingpoint.org.uk Learning to talk, talking to learn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)