Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children In Need 2008

We are having a teddy's bears picnic this year.

Selling buns and Pudsey biscuits as well as badges.

It is also my birthday so I am having a Pudsey birthday

cake and asking for money to be donated instead of presents!

Last year we had a spotty day and everyone wore something

spotty, we made spotty pictures and had spotty buns.

previously we have had a poster of pudsey bear to stick coins onto, (with cellotape) and also do a coin line (using masking tape)

Follow up activities were for the children to sort the coins onto plates, 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, etc.

Peggy

post-3604-1224451105_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1224451208_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1224451268_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone - my second post - no longer a nervous novice- a shameless addict !!!!

I have been reading the forum respones for Children in Need but wondered if anyone has any suggestions for things they have sucessfully done in their settings ( mine is a sessional pre-school) with the children to raise money for C in N . Thanks in adavnce. Lizzy

Hi, you shameless addict!! :o

Could you try a walk of pennies?? - apologies to Peggy, who i believe posted this a couple of years ago - make a route around your PS, with 'stepping stones' to show an achievement in terms of how many pennies to contribute!!

Sue

We do the usual stuff, pudsey buns, dressing up day ect.

But every year we do a copper coin collection. We have a big sweet jar and the children bring in pennies everyday for the jar.

Last year this made £80. Most people have loose coins at home and the children like posting them in the jar.

At the end of the week we talk about how heavy the jar is. Then someone takes them to asda and put them in the coin machine.

Glen

Hi everyone - my second post - no longer a nervous novice- a shameless addict !!!!

I have been reading the forum respones for Children in Need but wondered if anyone has any suggestions for things they have sucessfully done in their settings ( mine is a sessional pre-school) with the children to raise money for C in N . Thanks in adavnce. Lizzy

Hi DizzyLizzy,

I've merged your thread with another one on the same topic which was started recently. :o

I like the idea of filling a pudsey bear shape with loose change!! We will do that our setting too :o

We also going to make more money by selling cakes and hiring a bouncy castle!! Looks set to be a fun day Fri 14th Nov!!

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)