Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Morning!

beth1

Oh boy my feet hurt, I went back to work this moring after 6 weeks off. I forgot how busy I am on a normal day.

I have sat here for the last couple of hours relfecting on how it went etc. Very busy with new starter children and parents, walking around making sure everything was going well. Plus had a couple of visits and had to go to the shops for a couple of items. I think I have sat down for 15 minutes this morning and 4 hours on my feet.

Well this does refelct that by 12.45 pm I had done nearly 10,000 steps by the end of this morning.

I hope I get chance for a sit down tomorrow and spend sometime with 4 keychildren as I didn't even see the 2 I have in today. I think I may be running on empty by Friday if the week is going be like today.

Beth

Hi, Beth, not been on the forum for a while as been on my hols to sunny france. Then thurs and friday had 2 training days, then friday in preparing classroom and children started on Monday. Not had any new children in yet until thurs, but I know just how you feel I just said today that I have not spent much time with the children. We has been doing Aspects and observations and photographs. Does anyone else do Aspects? It seems there seems to be so much paperwork! Not only do my feet ache but my poor back. It feels like i have never been away. I have just gone back to working parttime and i am so glad, think i will be spending most of my afternoons catching up on paperwork. What do you think of the new Foundation stage? :o Chris

First day back with children today.....prob why I'm up early (for me anyway!), is it excitement, nerves or a mixture of both?

I'm looking forward to getting back, got about 12 new one's starting today so I will prob spend my day taking photographs for their bees (self-registration), talking with parents, checking forms and telephone numbers etc etc.

Got a very busy week.....back to work, first aid course Thurs evening (6.30 - 9.30), back to running son to football training and so on, oh and a night out on Saturday to a SCHOOL DISCO......not the children's but one for adults at a local venue so yes i have dug deep into my wardrobe and got my old uniform out!!!! actually had to buy new, can't understand after all these years my old one wouldn't fit! :o

First day back with children today.....prob why I'm up early (for me anyway!), is it excitement, nerves or a mixture of both?

I'm looking forward to getting back, got about 12 new one's starting today so I will prob spend my day taking photographs for their bees (self-registration), talking with parents, checking forms and telephone numbers etc etc.

Got a very busy week.....back to work, first aid course Thurs evening (6.30 - 9.30), back to running son to football training and so on, oh and a night out on Saturday to a SCHOOL DISCO......not the children's but one for adults at a local venue so yes i have dug deep into my wardrobe and got my old uniform out!!!! actually had to buy new, can't understand after all these years my old one wouldn't fit! :o

Sounds like fun on Saturday Mrsb :(

My son started secondary school this morning, he told me he had butterflies (bless), youngest is very proud to be in Yr1 and wanted to put her new school shoes on at 7:30am, before breakfast, teeth or even getting dressed :wacko: , Oldest feels very important looking after his brother with butterflies, and the second yongest was just very, very excited. :(

Me, I've just got back from school run, quick breakfast then an hour and a half on the Wii fit, now I'm here. xD

The house is lovely and quiet. :(

Peggy

Today I managed to get sat down with a couple of my key children. Still a busy day, haven't had chance to do the induction for the new staff member. However other staff have helped her to know what we do etc. One child got fustrated has he has english as a second langauge and got very upset, we need to learn a few basic words in Urdu to help him. I am hoping that one of our parents will help us with the language barrier.

Beth

Yep first day back to pre school for me too but this time Im the owner and the manager!

My feet are killing me but the morning went well - no tears or only one lot as a little one fell off the chair xD

Got some lovely good luck cards and flowers arrived mid am from my two aunties :o

Spent a lot of the morning repeating the new name of the setting hoping the children might catch on!!

My first day back at school. No children this week luckily as the council turned off the water at lunchtime so they could connect the mains to the new Children's Centre (it should have been done over the holidays ...but that's another story). The decorator is still in painting the unit but it is looking very bright and clean and hopefully be finished for the children on Monday.