Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please

so i applied for a job as a child development worker, and have actually managed to get an interview however im slightly worrid as i now have to prepare a prsentation on barriers to childcare that affct parents and providers.

the main barriers idntified where:

• Rural Areas – parents finding childcare near to home/work and childcare providers sustaining a childcare business.

• Disability – parents finding appropriate childcare that can meet their child’s individual needs

• The cost of childcare – providing sustainable, affordable childcare

what steps could the council take to help parents and providers overcome these barriers

I dont know where to start?

any offers of advice, please???

intrview monday

So barriers to parents living in rural areas finding affordable childcare:

Setting not providing full day care due to lack of demand within area for all day care as area too expensive for some families to buy family homes/lack of affordable housing.

The council could support the development of affordable homes?? Failing that help providers to market their setting to a wider community, offer sustainability grant to temporarily support provider to offer full or extended day care until word spreads.

The council could support the setting in arriving at a fee that would cover costs yet be as competitive as possible.

I'm waffling, what a difficult presentation, just wanted to get the ball rolling. Am sure someone will be along shortly with some good ideas.

Hope all goes well on Monday, best wishes. Let us know how you get on.

thank you

have had some ideas now have had time to think and get ovr ther initial shock

rural:-

more outreach workers/services

grants

combining groups

consider transport provisions- develop to suit needs

services for thosee that feel isolated eg online support (kinda like this forum hehe)

door stop training

what do you think

for disability i have

grants to improv unsuitable buildings

training guidance and advice on specific needs

developing senco role in all settings

providers to market their services so parents know what is on offer (eg if a setting had a qualified nurse etc)

for cost i have

informing parents of financial help avaiable eg tax credits, free nursery education.

stuck now

i havnt done a presentation for so long im not evn sure how im actually gona present the info to them, other then reading a list to them :o