Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Closing!

just a quickie to let you all know that I had the letter today from the Church say that they definetly couldn't offer me the building for the future and even though I know it was coming seeing it in black and white was a shock. It seemed so final.

so not a good day today i feel that 10 years of my life have been taken away. The feeling of no control over the situation is tremendous.

Still life goes on

Steph

Oh Steph, I really do feel for you. As well as the children and families losing a preschool, it is your business that is lost as well.

You can never recoup the cost if you haven't got a business left to sell. After my 7 yrs I could only recoup £2,000 by selling my equipment, one reason being the LA were ploughing thousands of pounds in grants for new business to open, thus prospective buyers weren't interested in my resources. :o I closed with a £5,000 overdraft/debt, and 5 months on I continue to lose £100 a month in interest charges as I try to pay off the debt.

Sorry, you really don't need to hear my experiences right now, but as it looks to be more inevitable that your closure will take place, continue your fight but also start planning how best to recoup some income from the sale of your assets. Contact your LEA development officers to find out about anyone else due to be opening a setting soon etc.

It's sunny here, I hope it is where you are, enjoy your family this weekend, because beyond all the 'work' heartache, what really

matters in life is your family and home life.

Peggy