Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation Topic

Hello who is reading this!!

Please can someone help me think up a suitable title for my dissertation on emotional literacy. I have been writing about the theory behind the concept about why it is seen to be important in education. I did think, 'what is emotional literacy and can it affect learning' but i was wondering if anyone could come up with something more dissertation like if you se what i mean. Please help me !!

love louise

Hi Louise,

It's great to hear you are still studying! I was taught to ask 'how does' (or how can) rather than can eg How does emo. lit. affect learning... and then you can discuss the different aspects such as improved behaviour across the whole school, improved results (as steer report found) etc. Define what emo.lit is in your introduction intro. If you say 'can emo. lit....' then the answer is either yes or no.

How is life in Farnborough these days?

Ann

Hello Ann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me.

Yes ,as you can see i am nearly finished , much to my husband and family's relief. I have been living and breathing this dissertation, my head is been in the clouds and i have been working full time in a reception class with all the paper work that entails, I.E.P'S ect.

Thanks again!

I did think also think about, 'A critical evaluation of the validity of emotional literacy in an infant school or classroom'.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

love Louise

Hello Ann,

Yes ,as you can see i am nearly finished , much to my husband and family's relief. I have been living and breathing this dissertation, my head is been in the clouds and i have been working full time in a reception class with all the paper work that entails, I.E.P'S ect.

Thanks again!

I did think also think about, 'A critical evaluation of the validity of emotional literacy in an infant school or classroom'.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

love Louise

Hi Louise,

It sounds very academic! I don't think you should panic about the title. I finished my MA (ED) a couple of months ago and changed my title at the last minute. It was fine even though like you I used to go to bed thinking about references and plagiarism instead of things we should be dreaming about at night. Here are some thoughts from a fellow traveller. Your review is the critical evaluation of the literature so you might not want/ need to include that in the title but you will be graded on how well you have achieved it. Is your review limited only to literature about one infant classroom, or does it apply to a wider remit such as 'the Early Years'. Your discussion will be based on your own research of course so if you did a case study for example, a possible title might be'Emo. Lit. in the Early Years: A case study'

(case studies were a very popular title in Southampton uni.) Plain old 'Emo. Lit. in the Early Years' or include yourself -' the role of the lead practitioner in promoting EL in the Early Years '.

Sounds as if you are just about finished and then you'll wonder why you worried about it so much!

Good luck

Ann

Hello Ann,

Thanks again!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

love Louise

Hi Louise,

Have you got 'Developing the Emotionally Literate School' by K.Weare

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply to me. Everything that you said made so much sense. I think that i am just panicking and i couldn't see the woods for the trees.

I haven't got the Katherine Weare book, but i have read bits and pieces of excepts from the internet and also articles making reference to her thoughts in newspapers.

Thanks again, you really have helped me when i thought i was going wrong.

love Louise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)