Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Weekend, What Are You Up To!

Shirel, I'm sorry you're having a hard time - I bet you're doing a much better job than you feel you are - I know what its like to just have too much on.. you kind of have to just hang in there and wait for a brighter moment - they will come!

And Laura - good luck with the baby!! Try planning an event where it would be really inappropriate for the baby to come - it worked for me - we had all my family over for a huge dinner party when my 2nd baby was 6 days overdue - on the night before my first baby's 2nd birthday (I thought the baby would never come on the same day as its sister) As soon as we sat down to eat the whole thing started and I was pacing around all through dinner, up and down all around the house - not a very good hostess! My husband sobered up quickly when he realised what was going on and got everyone to wash up before they went home and my baby was bizarrely born on his sister's birthday! Let us all know how it goes!

We went to the Brighton Festival children's parade today which was fantastic, gardening tomorrow and bluebell walk Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone - lucky you all of you who are catching up on some extra sleep!

Emma

I've just bought myself a new car. Not new but 2 years old. I've always wanted a big chunky car so i've bought a Jeep Cherokee and at 53 its the first time I've got a car that I wanted Before I've always had my husbands car as he was a driving instructor and i've always had to have his car for a few years to bring the mileage down.

This is my choice and I'm so excited, I pick it up on Wednesday HURRAH

Well - i had planned to cut the lawn today & make a start on tidying up the borders that have become'slightly' overgrown through the last few months of neglect!!!! However - when i woke up - the weather decided this was not to be - & here comes the guilty confession - i got back into bed & slept!!!!! So much for crossing off the 'to do's' list eh - still - maybe tomorrow . . . . . . . . . . . . Hope everyone is making time to do what they want. Enjoy :o

Friday evening & Saturday in bed with a migraine :rolleyes: , today enjoyed a long walk with Benjie and a lazy day reading a sunday paper, only bought it for the UB40 CD xD :wacko: I haven't read a sunday paper for years, now I know why, it's taken me nearly all day. :o I've topped up my tan which surprised me as I thought it was warm but overcast.

My yungest aged 5 yrs has invited herself next door to help with their gardening, she's just announced she's having a sleepover there, problem is the neighbour has no children!! So we have let her know self invites are not allowed :(

Tomorrow I hope to wake early enough to go to a boot fair, then it will be badgering the children to get their homework done. xD

Laura, hope whatever you tried has worked and your new baby has arrived, cute and healthy. :(

ShireL, hope the sun shines for you and your tiredness lifts.

Here's hoping you all have a great Bank Holiday Monday. :(

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

Have had quite agood day today. We went to the garden centre this morning and spent loads of money on pots, strawberry plants, my daughter bought some mushroom growing kits, my husband just pushed the trolley. When we got home we dumped the stuff in the house and walked up to the pub for lunch (his treat). Lovely :o. The weather has been glorious so after lunch Leanne and myself were busy in the garden. Then it all went downhill as I had 2 baskets of ironing to get done before tomorrow. Never mind at least we only have an afternoon session tomorrow. Hope everyone has had a good bank holiday weekend and it's only 3 weeks till the next one.

Mary