Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Thanks Peggy :o

Hope you don't mind me tagging this on to your thread xD

This is the latest from OFSTED, published on their website yesterday - the latest on the change to inspections and the SEF - there are 4 documents to download (opens in powerpoint). The inspection one makes interesting reading!!!

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Inter...0003507640aRCRD

My pre-school was one of the pilot settings inspected.

The new self evaluation document is quite heavy going, but will give us more of an opportunity to state what we do well and how. The inspector should use the self evaluation to inform them in their judgements so it won't be based solely on what they see on the 2 day inspection.

I think this is better as you get the chance to write everything you do well in advance, just incase in the shock of seeing them you forget to mention something on the day they come to inspect!

I also think an action plan will be involved so it will be quite a reflective document. It is similar to a quality assurance scheme in a way.

My pre-school was one of the pilot settings inspected.

The new self evaluation document is quite heavy going, but will give us more of an opportunity to state what we do well and how. The inspector should use the self evaluation to inform them in their judgements so it won't be based solely on what they see on the 2 day inspection.

I think this is better as you get the chance to write everything you do well in advance, just incase in the shock of seeing them you forget to mention something on the day they come to inspect!

I also think an action plan will be involved so it will be quite a reflective document. It is similar to a quality assurance scheme in a way.

I wonder if we'll be allowed to use our newly started quality framework, or if we'll need to do both! I shall be taking this up with our EYFSA. It's been really good for us as a team to do the QAF but to have do it all again on a different document for ofsted is just madness.

Guest Wolfie

I heard a couple of months ago that a new Ofsted framework for inspecting Children's Centres was being introduced - but have heard nothing since! I'm going on a course about completeing the Children's Centre SEF this week so will ask then but has anyone else heard anything?