Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Being Child-led

WOW....what a day! Tuesday the children started playing hospitals in the home-corner so staff acted on their interest and added resources to enhance their learning in this area, this included a bed, plasters, bandages, setting up the reception area etc. Yesterday that bed then changed into a pirates ship, as the bed wasn't really big enough for about 12 children we then changed that over for the 2 small climbing frames from outside to make a bigger pirate ship. We then made treasure maps, pirates hats and got the face painting out.

We then spent the rest of the afternoon playing pirates, talking in 'pirate' and singing to "when I was one"etc.....it was fun but at the end of the session staff just collasped...we were 1 member of staff down for the session and boy did we notice it.

I've attached a picture of the pirates just before they set of on a long journey!!!

post-8412-1206602174_thumb.jpg

That looks like so much fun - and I bet the staff wouldn't necessarily have come up with that idea? (Not taking anything away from your staff, of course!)

Isn't it so much nicer when the children lead things - even if it means changing the home corner every day and staff being shattered by the end of the day - at least you can go home with a big smile on your face knowing that you have helped the children have a fun-filled day!

Great fun Mrs B :(

and I bet when parents asked what did you do today...the children replied enthusiatically xD

Peggy

p.s. reminds me must get the immac out and remove my moustache :o