Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ppa And Ratios

Magenta

Statutory document states - 'Providers must meet the requirements for adult:child ratios set out in Appendix 2.

During breaks, or at times when teachers are undertaking preparation, planning and assessment

and are out of the classroom/not interacting directly with the children, the ratios must be adjusted

accordingly.'

In the Appendix these changes are only stated for Independent schools and for children aged three and over in any registered early years provision.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Hi magenta. Started looking into this yesterday as I cover PPA time in EY and am foundation stage Governor at my sons school. It seems that LEAs will be clarifying the situation in the summer term. Sorry nothing concrete.

Hi

I thought I read somewhere that for ppa time in Year R and nursery only a level 3 nursery nurse or above could cover ppa and then the rest of the ratio needs to fit in with that.

This was mentioned at EYFS training I attended today and there was a bit of uproar.

I do not fully understand as in PVI but from what I can gather, for teachers to do ppa, a qualified staff member must be in charge of class not a TA. Unfortunately i cannot clarfify if this is able to be a nursery nurse.

Best thing is to look through quidance and ask your advisor- i assume schools have them.

Not much help actually - sos

Net x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)