Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Peal Training

Went along to the training at Newcastle yesterday. Excellent so if you can get to the others that are coming along (details in this weeks Nursery World) . How did others find it. Anyone attend who is on the Forum. Should have posted sooner!!!!

I'm booked to go on the training in March in Wolverhampton....is it a good day? I think I found it through a link on the PSLA site?

Edited by Wolfie

Really good with excellent resourse packs given out on the day but quite a bit stuff available on their website. Eighty people there and divided into 4 groups. Enjoyed it. Never really learnt anything new but good to listen to others how they approach parents as partners but interesting course.

Not thick at all :o

What is PEAL?

Parents, Early Years and Learning (PEAL) is a project which offers innovative training to early years practitioners to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills around working with parents. The principle of working to involve parents in their children’s learning is now firmly established within national policy. This is because of the wealth of evidence that shows that what parents do at home with their children is the critical factor that positively influences outcomes for children. Parents are children’s first, and most enduring, educators. Supporting parents’ contribution to their children’s learning is an effective way to make a difference to children’s educational and social outcomes.

You can read more here:

http://www.pre-school.org.uk/services/family-learning/peal/

4 of us from my setting managed to get on it. I went to the one in Southampton. I found it very thought provoking. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)