Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Homework

No thank you Happymaz, good grief xD:(

Mundia, The title remains yours :wacko:

I too would enjoy reading your 'algebra in the early years'

Your description reminds me of a recent episode of 'Make your Child Brilliant', one particular girl, I was going to say 'had difficulty' with maths, but she didn't have difficulty, she just thought about it differently from the constraints of the current classroom methodology. Anyway, the presenter encouraged her to write her sums on a window (using paint/chalk), this made the sums 'transparent', sounds strange but it opened a block the child had about sums in text (pen & paper), rather than sums as 'active' and multidimensional (is that a word?).

It really is how the brain thinks and 'sees'. :(

interesting stuff, my job now is to help my son to understand the concept I have only just grasped. :o

Just reminiscing, this 'task' has reminded me of my youth when myself, brothers and sisters used to write 'secret messages' in 'code', this was done in play, instigated by ourselves and not by adults and was immense fun, not sure this happens now a days, unless of course we count 'texting' as the 'new' code. :(

Peggy