Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do Children In Your Unit Wear?

Hi, I now that this differs from place to place, so was wondering what the children in your FSU wear, and is it the same for full-time and part-time children. Do they wear anything they like, school uniform, a separate unit uniform, and is it the same for part-time children as those of stat school age?

Hi Alm,

My son wore the full school uniform (tie as well), he only attended mornings. I didn't mind as a parent as they wore aprons for messy stuff, but he never came out looking as smart as he went in!! Not sure about other settings.

Sally

only our full timers wear school uniform. Some part timers wear uniform but its not compulsary, its easy to tell them aoart when only full timers have uniform on .

Do you know we have been talking about this a lot in Nursery lately... I think I am old fashioned in my attitudes to this but I so prefer children in nursery not to wear our school uniform. I believe that it should be saved as something special to look forward to when they go into Reception. Uniform in nursery seems to make them look older than their years.

We provide them with a zip plastic wallet for their library book but a parent - whose child wears uniform went out and bought the school book bag... a teacher in Year 1 remarked that wasn't it a shame that they will have nothing new to look forward to when in Reception except a pair of pumps :o I wouldn't mind exploring the possibility of joggers and polo shirts for each colour group as an alternative option instead... maybe I could persuade the head and parents xD

We started our Foundation Unit last October and have encouraged parents to dress their children in comfortable clothes in the school colours of blue and yellow. We suggest yellow polo shirts and blue joggers that are easy to pull up and down for the youngest children!! Some parents do dress their children in the school uniform worn in KS1 and KS2, especially if they have older siblings in the school. We don't enforce a uniform, but most parents seem to like the idea and we haven't had any complaints! Always a good sign!

hi. our F2 children wear school uniform, F1 (part time ) children wear own clothes. It works for us. We canvassed parents about whether to ditch uniform altogether but the majority liked their child to have one when they went full time. we don't however do formal PE so they do not need a PE kit. We also suggest they all wear trainers rather than school shoes because of all the active play we encourage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)