Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Needed

HELLO EVERYONE NEED A LITTLE BIT OF ADVICE REALLY IM DOING MY NVQ4 BECAUSE MY BOSS HAS ASKED ME TO GO FOR IT BECAUSE IM GOING INTO A DEPUTY MANAGERS POSITION, IM IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING IT AND I THINK THIS HAS BEEN THE WRONG DESICION AND I FEEL I NEED TO PULL OUT, I REALLY DO WANT TO DO MY ASSESSORS AWARD BUT MY BOSS HAS TOLD ME MY NVQ4 IS MORE IMPORTANT AT THE MINUTE. PLEASE HELP DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO THINK IT IS TO MUCH OVER MY HEAD. I AM STRUGGLING THROUGH BY GETTING ADVICE FOR BITS OF THE NVQ4 WHILST ASKING ON HERE BUT I DONT THINK THIS IS THE DIRECTION I LIKE GOING, AS UIM A MENTOR AT WORK AND I LOVE SUPPORTING MY STAFF.

First I think the decision can only be yours but I would like to say that as you are half way through it would be a pity not to complete it. It will also put you in good experiance as an assessor for assessing future candidates through this particular NVQ.

It can be difficult to motivate yourself if you cannot see a 'reason' to complete and the fact that it was someone elses idea for you to start it. Why not right a list of reasons for and against continuing, consider further than the present gliche you are experiencing and the immediatte future, think further ahead, will you maybe in 5 yrs time say to yourself, 'Oh, I wish I'd completed that?'

good luck and as you know there are many people here to support you through it should you decide to continue.

Also ask if you can get any further support from work, time, someone to voice ideas to, acknowledgement of what you have achieved so far.....etc.

let us know what you decide.

Peggy

First I think the decision can only be yours but I would like to say that as you are half way through it would be a pity not to complete it. It will also put you in good experiance as an assessor for assessing future candidates through this particular NVQ.

It can be difficult to motivate yourself if you cannot see a 'reason' to complete and the fact that it was someone elses idea for you to start it. Why not right a list of reasons for and against continuing, consider further than the present gliche you are experiencing and the immediatte future, think further ahead, will you maybe in 5 yrs time say to yourself, 'Oh, I wish I'd completed that?'

good luck and as you know there are many people here to support you through it should you decide to continue.

Also ask if you can get any further support from work, time, someone to voice ideas to, acknowledgement of what you have achieved so far.....etc.

let us know what you decide.

Peggy

Thanks peggy for your advice as you said it wasnt my decision i feel ive been pushed into it and it so over my head at the minute.

Ive got a mate from my other work place being well supportive and helping me i hope i can do it dont want to let my boss down. Il keep u infomed

Edited by Guest

Dont give up! I think you will be in a much better postion having done the nvq 4 then try to do your asses or else your assesing someone at level 2 or 3 when your not any higher yourself!! It might not seem like your picking up much but believe me when you look back its suprising what you learn.

When can you do the assesses award next? They usual take time/funds to come up. Hang in there, not long to go

Ask your boss for help/advise/time off. Dont get swamped. Most people feel like this at some point in most courses. But if you are half way through think you will be able to assess up to and including level 4 . Have you tried talking to your assessor?

Hiya, I agree - it would be much better to get your NVQ 4 as then you can assess level 3 and 2. What is it that you are struggling with? I am sure if you, and you might already put queries up here that there would be lots of help. I am good with early years management so if there is anything I can do to help them pm me and I can try and help.

Otherwise I think stick with it - you will make a far better assessor for it. Besides 50% done so only 50% to do - cup half full/empty syndrome - go for it and don't be afraid to ask for help - I am sure everyone here will help you.

Nikki

Sometimes it`s hard to see the wood for the trees when you are stuck in the middled of a situation. I have just finished my level 4 and learnt lots from it to help in my job managing a pre-school. However it was my descision to take it on so I can see it must be hard for you.I have considered doing an assesors qualification on finishing, and was encouraged to do so by my assesor, but felt this was not the right direction for me.

As you have come this far it would be a shame to give it up. It will also help with the assesing as there are not many level 4 assesors so you will have an advantage as you should be able to asses for this level (not entirely sure about this, would need to check, but this is the general info. I have picked up on assesing so far)

However at the end of the day you have to make the right descision for you. When I am struggling with something like this I write a for and against list and find this helps me look at things logically.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Ask your boss for help/advise/time off. Dont get swamped. Most people feel like this at some point in most courses. But if you are half way through think you will be able to assess up to and including level 4 . Have you tried talking to your assessor?

Its very hard to talk to my boss and i dont feel she is giving me any support with it.another colleague is giving me loads of support and helping me through, im being assessed next week il c how that goes before i make a descion to continue or not.

Thanks for all ur advice

HELLO EVERYONE NEED A LITTLE BIT OF ADVICE REALLY IM DOING MY NVQ4 BECAUSE MY BOSS HAS ASKED ME TO GO FOR IT BECAUSE IM GOING INTO A DEPUTY MANAGERS POSITION, IM IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING IT AND I THINK THIS HAS BEEN THE WRONG DESICION AND I FEEL I NEED TO PULL OUT, I REALLY DO WANT TO DO MY ASSESSORS AWARD BUT MY BOSS HAS TOLD ME MY NVQ4 IS MORE IMPORTANT AT THE MINUTE. PLEASE HELP DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO THINK IT IS TO MUCH OVER MY HEAD. I AM STRUGGLING THROUGH BY GETTING ADVICE FOR BITS OF THE NVQ4 WHILST ASKING ON HERE BUT I DONT THINK THIS IS THE DIRECTION I LIKE GOING, AS UIM A MENTOR AT WORK AND I LOVE SUPPORTING MY STAFF.

THANK U FOR ALL UR ADVICE IM REALLY GOING TO THINK