Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Here From Brighton Or Nearby?

Guest roopal

Guest roopal

Hi everyone,

Just wondered who else on here is local to me; I run a pre-school playgroup in Brighton - anyone else live or work in East Sussex? What sort of settings? In fact, at the moment I am only doing paperwork for the playgroup as we are closed for the summer - phew! (I have another job so am still working part time but it's less stressful so this feels pretty relaxed at the moment. Also, I was slogging through my EYPS short route the last few months so it's good to get that out of the way, although the wait for results is tedious.

Anyway, hope to hear from a few of you....

Roopal

Hi,

I am also from Brighton. I am manager of a Pre-school in Portslade. We take children from 2-5yrs and are only open term times. So like you I am catching up with paperwork and clearing out over the holidays. I have also just started a foundation degree so have some work to do for that over the holidays.

Gill

Guest roopal

Hi gill,

yes, welcome to the forum - loads of good stuff on here.

are you doing your foundation degree at brighton? how's it going so far?

how many children do you take?

roopal

Hi,

Yes I am doing degree at Brighton Uni, along with my deputy as well.

We have 24 children at a time, but because we do choice of morning, afternoon and all day sessions we ended up last term with 50 kids on the books.

Starting in September with 35 already, so no quiet beginning to term.

Gill

Guest roopal

Hi Michelle,

welcome to the forum!

the foundation degree sounds like a good thing to me although I havent done it myself. must be good, Gill, to have someone else do t with you from your setting - i guess you can share ideas etc?

is it much different in the playscheme compared to the pre-school? do you work in all the different contexts of your setting?

roopal