Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please

beth1

I have seen a job on one of my local gumtree website.

They would like an experienced/qualified nanny, for 3 or 4 days per week looking after 2 children. Any ideas what this means, I am intersted in the postion however I am unsure of what to do.

What do you think I should do, this would be my first possible nanny job. Plus I wonder if there are any nannies in the area?

Thanks in advance.

Beth

certainly another avenue for you to look at, Nursery World have a 'Nanny' supplement so maybe look on their website for info, also maybe contact a local Nanny agencie for advice on what the job entails. Good luck.

Peggy

You would need to find out what the duties were - sole charge (i.e. limited input from parents whilst you are there), childcare only or housework duties as well.

Hours should be clearly defined and you would have to look into the tax/NI issues, although I think that the employer takes care of this (correct me if I'm wrong,please)

Obviously, the ages of the children will impact on what you do - are they school age, therefore, what are you expected to do whilst they are at school. Or are they toddlers and would parents expect you to take them to stay and play/toddler groups etc.

Hope that helps until the next answer comes along...