Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Premises

Does anyone have any experience of moving premises? I'm trying to move ouor provision for September and having no luck finding a suitable space. My budget is £750 per month and it's proving impossible.

I'm a bit hesitant to look at residential properties as I feel the planning permission would be a struggle to get through (parking & neighbours' objections).

Any advice or has anyone been through a similar experince (and come out the other side)?

Edited by Guest

Not had the experience yet but have been looking to relocate since I bought my business ( based in shared venue-scout hall).

We have looked at large residential properties, brick wall was planning permission. :o

Other suggestions have been local rugby clubs, Womens Institutes, Cricket clubs, but still shared and not always child friendly design.

Have considered industrial units, but only just a thought. Have considered finding council land to rent to place own building portacabin on but too busy and not financially stable enough to do this yet.

Have you spoken to local estate / letting agents?

I am still hoping that I can relocate to my local primary school as I see that this is the most viable position to be in in the future.

Talk to as many people as possible, it's surprising the ideas others come up with, try business link, family, friends, current parents etc.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any experience of waiting for an Ofsted Registration after moving premises - how long it takes to receive new one

Maximoomoo

Yes I have. I informed Ofsted at the end of the summer term and an inspector came to visit me at the group during the summer holidays.There were no children present so it was easy.She just wanted to see my policies.etc. Enviromental health also paid me a visit on the same day. The building was already registered for pre-school use. The present owner, a friend of mine didn't want to update her old foundation certificate. and my church hall had been condemned (bad management of church funds)

Guest Wolfie

I think Ofsted tell you to allow six months for registration, just in case there are any hiccups, nut hopefully it shouldn't take that long. I think there are more delays if there is a change in staff.

Thanks for the info. An inspector came out yest'day and said it could be 25 weeks before we get the certificate so when we go back in Sept to new building wont be able to open for normal 2 1/2 hrs but then there's the grants - not ofsted regestered. Do we need environmental health to come out as well?

Six months.!!!!!. Mine arrived before the start of the new term.Have you contacted your EYDCP to see what they suggest. I didn't contact enviromental health myself. I think Ofsted arranged it. Yes they need to visit. They are particularly interested in any food provision. They will advise you to display a poster about physical handling (lifting equipment) I had to buy another poster with all the recent legislation.

I can't believe that it is going to be up to 25 weeks before you get your certificate!

If a new provider is registering for the first time, the whole process from sending in the application form to receiving the certificate can take this long, but once the inspector has done the visit, the certificate usually comes through fairly quickly unless there are any actions that need to be completed.

You will need an Environmental Health letter/certificate to say that the premises are okay - your early years team should be able to advise you on how to get that sorted.