Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq4

Hi

I need your advice about the nvq 4 in childcare and education. My supervisor seems to be lacking in knowledge in certain areas and i felt this course would be good for her. After weeks of encouraging her to do the course. She spoke to a college assessor who has said she doesn't think the course is worth doing and you may as well do a degree, now she strugggled doing her 3 so i don't think she will cope with a degree. I thought this would be a good step forwards for her. Just wondered what your thoughts are, whether you are doing the course and do you think its worth while. and has anybody else heard this point of viw.

Something you and she might consider is for her to take one of the two OU courses that together, add up to a level 4. (They are E123 and E124). She could do one at a time, or both together. In the future, she can top this up to work towards a degree. Best of all worlds maybe?

I'm looking at the ou home-study courses e123 and e124 just now cos I've done my level 3 and this is classed as a level 4 & the next step ..... Think they look interesting and will build on my current knowledge, underpin what I've already learned & how I am working

Know at this point in my life I don't want to be going to college once a week or every weekend - just wouldn't have the time or the childcare!

Sarahx :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)