Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stressed, Dispondant And Want To Cry!

HI

sorry this is going to be long and whining, but there is no one around to listen, so i thought i would come here :o

well the sale of our nursery goes through tommorow and then i will officially no longer belong to the company that i am in but will be part of another. okay, fair enough, same staff, parents and children, same location and terms of conditions in contracts but new owners xD

I think i can safely say that myself and one of the new owners completely and utterly clash, we are not destined to get on,and for want of a better word she is already 'doing my head in', and she hasn't completed the sale yet.

Today she called in at 11:45 to apparently drop some info packs in, she left at 4:30, i wasn't actually in nursery all that time as i went out for lunch with my current owners and the managers from the other nurseries (very nice it was too), buut apparently the soon to be new owner was flitting around the nursery and being nicely influenced by my deputy, which most certanly is not great!!!.

my deputy and senior had a run in and senior very upset, deputy sticking her beak in where it is not needed. prior to leaving today i asked deputy to stay in her room, to send her co-worker to toddler room and to free up another staff member so that she could do some tasks for me. deputy didn't do this instead she made the other staff member stay in the room so the taks i had given her didn't get done.... deputy then discusses our time back sheets with the new owner (when technically she shouldn't have been doing so, and deputy now has arranged for some staff to take time back tommorow which is absoloutly ridiculous because tommorow is my setting visit for EYP.

the soon to be new owner witnessed all the bickering, and id imagine it looked like a circus at nursery.

im really annoyed at the fact that my deputy has had her claws into the new owner, lord knows what she has been telling her.....

im anxious about the change over, i know me and one of the new owners will clash and im not looking forward to it. i hate the idea of having one of the owners in the buiilding all the time with me. does anyone else have their owner in the building all the time?,how does it work for you.

i really don't want the change over to go ahead, i am so anxious and sad and VERY STRESSED.

Dawn

Gosh Dawn - no wonder you're so stressed. Just when you'd got your deputy under wraps....she strikes back with a vengeance.

Although it's no help - all you can really do is give it a go and see what happens. I'm not surprised you are feeling the way you feel - no doubt several of the team are. Although it's hard not to worry - try not to, as it won't achieve anything.

Good luck for your setting visit - you'll be perfect, I know it x

Hi Dawn

Just to say keep your chin up and ride it out! Hope all goes well with the parents meeting etc. We're all behind you. Nice to meet you yesterday - keep in touch.

Dawn

I really feel for you. Working and managing people has to be one of the hardest jobs. Especially when one member of staff can be so unhelpful :o (I'm being restrained!).

Keep your cool, take a deep breath, let the new owners see the whole picture for themselves whilst you remain, calm, professional and in control though I appreciate it could try the patience of a saint.

Concentrate on your visit tomorrow for now. Would some of the staff take their time off tomorrow at a later date and show their support for you, bit late in the day I guess?

Good luck.