Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nneb's Retraining

To be honest, I would go with that latest piece of advice, make your own - it then reflects the needs of your children, your setting and yourselves!! :o

If it covers the basics, you can't go wrong.

Sue :D

Valletta

I would be very careful about just throwing out the way you obseve because as you know differebnt people/EY/PLas/gov are all saying different things........ :o

As my Ofsted inspecter said as long as you and the staff are comfortable with what you are doing and you are getting the right results carry on (as long as you can prove that you know ur children and they are making progression - keep going) xD

Im not saying dont change it if you want too but it has taken me 4 yers, lots of visits to see how others do theres and there is no right or wrong way as long as you are seeing progression and can prove you know ur children.. :(

So dont be too hasty... :D

I totally agree with hali on this. I have finally (I hope!) found a system that suits us, and is specific to our group of children and the way that we work as a team. :)

Well my five page letter is on its way to Tony Blair and Charles Clarke, I will keep you all informed,

Thank you all for your support its kept me going ,

Its soooooooooooooo nice to know I'm not on my own with this.

:D Oooooh!! I have had a letter today from none other than Baroness Ashton of Upholland(!) who is the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State.

It is too long to post all of it but relevant quotes are:

"Qualifications already achieved and the value of the assessed training that practitioners have taken will be regognised by Ofsted and childcare staff will not be expected to retrain from scratch"

It also says:

If a manager holds a qualification which pre dates the Children Act of 1989 they should be able to demonstrate to Ofsted that they have appropriate competencies in areas such as child protection and curriculum planning which have changed substantially since 1989. There is no requirement for managers or their staff to undertake a new qualification but it may be necessary to have completed training in these areas.

So there it is in black and white and I suppose I am happy - except my current study is the result of being told I HAD to do it!!!

I only wish that all Ofsted and other relevant parties had this information from the top and that it put an end to what I see as a postcode lottery as to information and advice given to practitioners.

:D Good news Geraldine!

It seems like the message is getting through.

We just need someone to get a reply from Tony now!!!

Jo

• 8 months later...