As part of the generation that demands an end to poverty, I stand up:

- for the 30,000 children killed by poverty today

- to insist that governments keep their promises to the poor

- to reach the Millennium Development Goals and aim even higher

- for action, not excuses

- for justice and equality

I stand up against poverty.

Guest Mohammed

I'm Mohammed from Iraq-Baghdad, I learned about "standup against poverty" online and I'm happy that you could arrange this online standup because it would be impossible to organzie a standup event in Iraq. thank you Mundia and all who helped organizing this.

I hope my friends would join too.

and now for the 1.1 billion people who live with less than $1 aday.....I stand up

We stand here proudly as members of the generation that intends to defeat extreme poverty.

We cannot stay seated when a child born in a poor country today will die 30 years earlier than a child born in a wealthy one.

And we stand up because we are asking not for charity but justice – we know, that in our names, world leaders have made mighty promises to bring this to an end – they are called the Millennium Development Goals. What is needed is the political will to achieve and exceed these goals - so we are on our feet to say -

To the leaders of the wealthy countries – be great - fight to keep your promises – debt cancellation, more and better aid, and trade rules that help fight poverty – you know what needs to be done – do it.

We also stand before the leaders of poorer countries to say – be great – make it your first responsibility to save the lives of your poorest citizens. We ask you to achieve real transparency and accountability in how money is spent, to tackle inequality, to root out corruption. You know what needs to be done. Do it.

We wish to set a record today of the number of people standing up to demand action on poverty – but the record we really want to break is the world’s record of breaking promises and just ignoring the poor. We don’t want record numbers of people dying of poverty every year for the rest of our lives.

We are six billion Voices. We want justice now. No more excuses. We will not stand for them.

Guest Guest_angie_*

Could I ask you please to Stand Up Against Poverty.

We stand here proudly as members of the generation that intends to defeat extreme poverty.

We cannot stay seated when a child born in a poor country today will die 30 years earlier than a child born in a wealthy one.

And we stand up because we are asking not for charity but justice – we know, that in our names, world leaders have made mighty promises to bring this to an end – they are called the Millennium Development Goals. What is needed is the political will to achieve and exceed these goals - so we are on our feet to say -

To the leaders of the wealthy countries – be great - fight to keep your promises – debt cancellation, more and better aid, and trade rules that help fight poverty – you know what needs to be done – do it.

We also stand before the leaders of poorer countries to say – be great – make it your first responsibility to save the lives of your poorest citizens. We ask you to achieve real transparency and accountability in how money is spent, to tackle inequality, to root out corruption. You know what needs to be done. Do it.

We wish to set a record today of the number of people standing up to demand action on poverty – but the record we really want to break is the world’s record of breaking promises and just ignoring the poor. We don’t want record numbers of people dying of poverty every year for the rest of our lives.

We are six billion Voices. We want justice now. No more excuses. We will not stand for them

Guest Danielle

We are six billion Voices. We want justice now. No more excuses. We will not stand for them

Guest alison j

for the 30,000 children killed by poverty today

to insist that governments keep their promises to the poor

to reach the Milleniunm Development Goals and aim even higher

for action, not excuses

for justice and equality

We are six billion Voices. We want justice now. No more excuses. We will not stand for them.

Guest Guest_Melanie_*

Guest Nigel Fairynoughs partner

[font=Arial]Could I ask you please to Stand Up Against Poverty.

We are six billion Voices. We want justice now. No more excuses. We will not stand for them.[/font]

Guest Guest_Julie_*

My name is Samuel and I am MAKING A STAND.

Could I please ask you to stand up against poverty

Guest Oliver (Geraldine's son)

Could I please ask you to stand up against poverty

JO

We wish to set a record today of the number of people standing up to demand action on poverty – but the record we really want to break is the world's record of breaking promises and just ignoring the poor. We don't want record numbers of people dying of poverty every year for the rest of our lives.

Karrie,Tom,Alice,Amy & Charlie

Guest Guest_becca_*

I stand up against poverty. :o

Inge

Andy

I stand up against poverty

Adrian

(Inges son)

[color=#33CC00]As part of the generation that demands an end to poverty, I stand up:

Hello .. I am Yezen from IRAQ .. Though we have kinda bigger issues than poverty in my country but I can be sure that poverty is one of the main causes for most of what the world suffer from ignorance and prejudice ... I believe helping this issue out can do alot .

salam.. :)

sandie

Dawn

Helen

Count me in:

We are six billion Voices. We want justice now. No more excuses.

Guest Bamawing

Poverty is directly linked to failure in school, contagious illnesses, and violence. A stand against poverty is a stand *for* education, health, and world peace.

My name is Amanda, and I'm a teacher in the USA.

Guest Guest_Ali_*

I'm gonna tell everyone I know to come and do this now and be counted!

Sue