Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Consultation Docs

Finally managed to print off the whole document only to be met by the head with the news hes ordered hard copies!

55948[/snapback]

I WAS SO EAGER TO DOWNLOAD IT AND HAVE A LOOK, I DIDN'T THINK TO SEE IF HARD COPY WAS AVAILABLE. (whoops capitals)

I have wondered how people without internet will get to see it. but then again do you need internet to find out how to order the hard copy. :oxD

I shall go back on site and order hard copy for my senior staff. The more comments on the consultation the better. But will it make a difference?, we will have to wait and see.

Peggy

OK so where exactly do you order a hard copy? :o

I have had a wander and even registed on the site which apparently gives me 'added functionality around the site' :( but I can't find where to order a hard copy xD

OK so where exactly do you order a hard copy? :o

I have had a wander and even registed on the site which apparently gives me 'added functionality around the site' :( but I can't find where to order a hard copy xD

56019[/snapback]

Sorry can't help, that ones on my to do list. At least I know now not to spend too much time searching on the site to find out how, in case it doesn't say. Maybe Marion can enlighten us both. :D

Peggy

Found it last night but can't find it tonight. You need to send an email to -

dfes@prolog.uk.com to ask them to send you the following EYFS Consultation docuemnt with the code SESCO6_18. Received automated response which is normal but not yet received confirmation of order.

Deb

Found it last night but can't find it tonight.  You need to send an email to -

dfes@prolog.uk.com  to ask them to send you the following EYFS Consultation docuemnt  with the code  SESCO6_18.  Received automated response which is normal but not yet received confirmation of order.

Deb

56024[/snapback]

Thanks Deb. :D

peggy

Have now had confirmation of my order via email with the following information for those who might prefer the old fashioned telephone!!

Orders can also be placed using the Telephone Order Line on 0845 6022260, or if you are ordering publications for schools, you can order, download and view the latest publications via the Online Publications for Schools web links at

www.teachernet.gov.uk/publications

Deb

Hi rapunzel,

not uninformed , some of us would never know about this unless you use this site!!

EYFS =

The Early Years Foundation Stage - consultation on a single quality framework for services to children from birth to five

It will apply to all who care for children between ages 0 - 5 ,

"Part of The ten year childcare strategy, ‘Choice for parents, the best start for children’, published on 2 December 2004, set out to ensure that every child gets the best start in life and to give parents more choice about how to balance work and family life. The childcare strategy signalled our intention to develop a single quality framework for services for children from birth to five, to be launched in September 2008. "

taken from Dfes web site

It is a chance to repond to the proposals of a single framework and give your views

may take time to read but as it sets out the future for early years you should find it interesting.

Use the link provided near the beginning to have a look.

Inge

Thanks Inge,

your right I have learnt so much since being a member of this site :D What did I do before I knew about it. I now feel that 'm on the same wavelength asevery one else - i'd better go............lot's of reading to do :o

sorry to be so uninformed, but what isthis document and does it apply to nurseries??? :o  xD

56083[/snapback]

I agree with Inge, it's not your fault you are uninformed, I think the government should automatically send a hard copy to every registered provider. 1/ because it is us who will have to work to it. 2/ it will become mandatory requirement and 3/ MOST IMPORTANTLY we are the most informed as to whether it will work in practice, whether it is appropriatte for the children we work with ( advocates for the children) and should therefore have the opportunity to participate in the consultation.

How can the many people who do not use the forum or read nursery world etc participate in the consultation about this very important document if they don't know about it.?

I really do dispare sometimes :(

Peggy

I really keen how this will affect of settings. I am a Childminder and although Accredited and able to offer EYE funding - I would love to know how this is going to effect all the childminders who have not gone down this route... will they have to follow it for all their under fives?

Any thnoughts?

don't quote me but I think i read in the document that childminders will have to follow this and that they will be including further guidance when it comes out after consultation.

Peggy

Save your ink and your paper, I ordered the free hardcopy of the consultation docs Thursday they arrived today. Read it before breakfast and now off now to sit in the garden to formulate my response.

As previously mentioned we need to make our feelings known, positive or not, to show we are professionals and prepared to stand by what we all discuss on the forum!

Sharon

I have been told that you can order up to 10 copies per setting - I ordered mine from home last week and it came 2 days later did print off one copy at school and it took ages! Won't do that again!

We are having a meeting at school to discuss our views after we have all had chance to look at it so that we all get an opportunity to comment. We have a Foundation Unit and a day nursery (ultimately managed by our Head) on site so we will be looking at it from all angles!!!

don't quote me but I think i read in the document that childminders will have to follow this and that they will be including further guidance when it comes out after consultation.

Peggy

56247[/snapback]

But that may be too late for some of us childminders to object too... I already feel we are being pushed out... especially as it looks like a child in reception class will take up a full time space...

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!

But that may be too late for some of us childminders to object too... I already feel we are being pushed out... especially as it looks like a child in reception class will take up a full time space...

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!

56853[/snapback]

I've often been aware that childminders appear to be an after thought. Just to let you know, we appreciatte you all and the service you provide, there is room for all dimensions of childcare and the government are foolish to "ignore" or at the best make you feel so "invisible".

Peggy

Where do you order the hard copy of the document from..the standards website? If so please could you add the link. Thank you.

Hi Kermit - if you go back to post #36 Weightman has put in a link. I ordered the document that way on Sunday and it arrived today.

Have just ordered my copy too! I didn't even know we were able to give our views on things like this. It is good though, because as I think Peggy said, we are the ones that have to work with the EYFS and implement it for the benefit of the children so surely we should have a say.

Am rather looking forward to having a look and have decided to wait until it arrives so I can really get my teeth into it! I shall remain in suspense! :o

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)