Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

GDPR resources

FSFRebecca

Yes I had done similar Rebecca.   For current cohort, I have suggested they show the privacy notice to the third party (usually a grandparent or neighbour) and then get their authority for us to hold the information.

• Like 1

I have just uploaded our privacy notice  as promised :) It is to be used in conjuction with the enrolment form. We will be working on another one to take into account the financial details you collect from parents and the action you might take in the event of parents not paying their fees. This will be ready for you next week 

3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I have just uploaded our privacy notice  as promised :) It is to be used in conjuction with the enrolment form. We will be working on another one to take into account the financial details you collect from parents and the action you might take in the event of parents not paying their fees. This will be ready for you next week 

Hi Rebecca - not sure were to thank-you for all the resources you a currently downloading :):):)

Having had a big paperwork declutter yesterday, I was thinking about the latest issues, and whether or not things were even relevant anymore. Now I've just started an e-folder with the all the latest (without having to actually check myself). I'd give you a bunch of flowers if we had that emoji option :):)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Hi Rebecca - not sure were to thank-you for all the resources you a currently downloading :):):)

Having had a big paperwork declutter yesterday, I was thinking about the latest issues, and whether or not things were even relevant anymore. Now I've just started an e-folder with the all the latest (without having to actually check myself). I'd give you a bunch of flowers if we had that emoji option :):)

I'm having a tidy up! Most things were already there - buried under other things!! I'm sorting the resources into things we (the FSF team) have made and things that other members have uploaded. Thank you for the flowers x

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has seen but the PLA have updated their policy and procedures documents online to take into account GDPR.

Loving the enrollment form, will be handy to explain to staff/manager why I need to change and amend our one slightly.

Thanks once again XxxxX

40 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Oh C1403 could you hire yourself out for committee training, I emailed my  chair yesterday to update on the progress  and the reply “OK, I hope your enjoying the break” :/

😲😩I have had that, hope you are having a lovely rest!!  Think going back to work and having three new two year olds starting will be restful!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

well i was going to post saying thanks to GDPR i have managed to clear lots of space etc etc BUT i woke up this morning with a really swollen wrist...a consequence of lugging boxes and tearing up paper......no one told me this could be dangerousO.oxD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh Dear FM and I expect not one offer of help either, not so much to complete the paperwork needed but helping to shift shelves and drawers and why do we think putting everything in Polly pockets is a good idea ???

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Oh Dear FM and I expect not one offer of help either, not so much to complete the paperwork needed but helping to shift shelves and drawers and why do we think putting everything in Polly pockets is a good idea ???

my administrator would normally give me a hand (!!!!!!xD) but her kitchen ceiling is currently resting on the floor! and her 96 year old mum not very well!!!O.o

35 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

my administrator would normally give me a hand (!!!!!!xD) but her kitchen ceiling is currently resting on the floor! and her 96 year old mum not very well!!!O.o

Best let her off then :-/ not sure my lot have any such get out of jail cards to play though :/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

well i was going to post saying thanks to GDPR i have managed to clear lots of space etc etc BUT i woke up this morning with a really swollen wrist...a consequence of lugging boxes and tearing up paper......no one told me this could be dangerousO.oxD

Ouch - poor you - hope it soon feels better - i prescribe rest and gin!

We have had an unexpected visit to a certain London Hospital today - all good - will update on the 'Friday thread' tomorrow - so no GDPR shenanigans for me today! 

• Like 2

As a chairperson of our local preschool, and I worked in Early years for 8 years, I can tell you it's me who does most of the paperwork!

I'm getting very stressed with this GDPR stuff! I worked too, so finding it increasingly hard to keep up with all the necessary paperwork!

All I can say is that I'm glad that I came across this site many years ago, without it I would be sunk!

Many thanks to everyone that has contributed downloads to this subject!

• Like 7

I'm being terribly lazy and relying on this forum too much....has anyone got to writing to their current parents about the information we hold and would care to share the wording used on the letter. 

So far I've amended the enrolment form and included a privacy statement. 

Question re enrollment form....

So I've re jigged the form and to be honest we haven't had to take away much to be compliant. 

Just wondering if any of you will be asking existing parents to complete a new form? 

I plan on sending them a letter explaining the changes and direct them to our privacy notice. I don't think they'd really be interested in completing a new form. 

No, I’m writing to mine telling them what information I already have and why I have it. This is covered in the privacy notice. I’m offering them the opportunity to complete a new form if they would like to, but I don’t think many will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just uploaded a document detailing financial terms and conditions and an associated privacy notice. You will need to amend the Ts+Cs to reflect your own setting as we have put everything in there that we could think of, you'll need to delete some!  

You can download the document here

• Like 1

Thanks Rebecca, I’ve never actually had any terms and conditions type agreement, maybe it’s time to implement one, though mine might read

*I agree to provide a sun hat, boots, spare clothes as requested

*I agree to name ‘stuff’ as requested (that’ll be the ‘stuff’ you’ve just agreed to provide)

*I agree to return paperwork within 3 months of the actual return by date stated

its been one of those weeks :/

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)