Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My GDPR 'To Do' list

FSFRebecca

Why didn’t I get an email? 

Getting rid of all the c@&# is quite liberating isn’t it? I think I’ve already ditched 3 box files and a couple of arch levers of useless useful once upon a time planning, observation, assessment forms I probably spent hours making, we now do no planning (other than next Steps, which along with obs and assessing are all done on Tap) 

edit - apologies PSLA I did, I thought ‘alliance shop’ was spam xD

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Can one of you tell me where to find all the privacy notices etc...I rarely use their site as I can never find what I’m looking for O.o

Don't ask me, I'm having trouble logging in, and I know I'm a member xD

• Haha 1

• Click on shop.  Top left.
  • scroll down the page to the bottom right, click on publication downloads.
  • Click the Essential policies and procedures.
  • Scroll down and all the new updated policies are there.

Obvioulsy you can only access the up dates if you have purchased the book in the first place.

Hope that helps, if not shout!🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Purchase a book ? What am I paying £96 a year for if I now have to buy a book :o oh well I best stick with the childcare ones but Thankyou 

and if i’m Reading their data retention sheet correctly it doesn’t matter if staff have an accident, I don’t have to keep a record as long as we have less than 10 staff? ....unless they accidentally swallow floor cleaner :-/ 

Edited by Mouseketeer

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks Fm will take a look before I start on them, ‘friendly’ sounds good, did they look pretty manageable? 

yes ..it just affects quite a lot of the policies...which i thought were up to date!:$

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Going to start looking through them in a moment.  It will help take my mind off the worsening battle with Cosy direct😢😤

It beggars belief that someone can send you the wrong item and them expect you to pay them to collect it, I hope you get it sorted :-( 

1 minute ago, Mouseketeer said:

It beggars belief that someone can send you the wrong item and them expect you to pay them to collect it, I hope you get it sorted :-( 

It is turning into a bit of a battle.  I have tried to be reasonable and now I have threatened them but still they will not back down😭

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Obvioulsy you can only access the up dates if you have purchased the book in the first place.

Thanks for that zigzag - I always have trouble with their site 

Will have a look at that later........or tomorrow........or the next day........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

Yes, but that method relies on you actually knowing your password, or remembering to bring the membership number home from work with you xDxD

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Purchase a book ? What am I paying £96 a year for if I now have to buy a book :o oh well I best stick with the childcare ones but Thankyou 

and if i’m Reading their data retention sheet correctly it doesn’t matter if staff have an accident, I don’t have to keep a record as long as we have less than 10 staff? ....unless they accidentally swallow floor cleaner :-/ 

I guess that's because the staff are going to sue you straightway xD....... the children are going to have to wait and sue you when they reach 18 xDxD

55 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I guess that's because the staff are going to sue you straightway xD....... the children are going to have to wait and sue you when they reach 18 xDxD

Lol you have may have a point there ...seems a bit odd that it should be different depending on how many staff though.

I think it’s actually finished 9_9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

yes ..it just affects quite a lot of the policies...which i thought were up to date!:$

:o Oh my goodness have just downloaded all that have a new date - there are 'loads' - guess what I am doing today then :ph34r:

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

:o Oh my goodness have just downloaded all that have a new date - there are 'loads' - guess what I am doing today then :ph34r:

OK, I admit I have IT issues, but how do you actually find the downloads ?

I've managed to log in (another new password!>:() but can't for the life of me work out where the updated policies are. We brought the book last August.

:):) 

18 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Ok seem to have found something - but it says I haven't ordered any books !!!

Oh no!

I followed zigzags instructions/directions upthread

If all else fails give them a ring, i have always found them to be really helpful :)

8 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh no!

If all else fails give them a ring, i have always found them to be really helpful :)

I gave them a ring ..... she was very  very nice and said the book should appear as purchased in a few mins........ still not happened yet :(

I'm the sort of person that doesn't like to keep bothering 'nice' people...  maybe she meant a couple of hours.   Never mind, the fact that I was 'going to update' them means I done some work and can now have tea and cake?  :):)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh no!

On 10/04/2018 at 13:25, zigzag said:

I found it, I found it :D:D    Using zigzags instructions xD

The very very nice lady did add it. AND she answered the phone really quickly. 

On the subject of the PSLA - has anyone had a quote for there cyber insurance to be added on?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, louby loo said:

On the subject of the PSLA - has anyone had a quote for there cyber insurance to be added on?

The insurance companies are going to do nicely from this as we will all be paranoid and just pay it, I’ve just had the renewal come but didn’t open it and did t think that it might be in there.

On 10/04/2018 at 14:07, Mouseketeer said:

Just to say that Cosy have now said that the supplier has some of the cubes with the slots and can deliver them and collect the others.  At last, it’s only taken one month to get it sorted!🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

🤨scuse me for being stupid but what is cyber insurance exactly and do we need it?

I haven't a clue but I saw it on the PLSA website when checking for downloads.  It covers you for data breakdowns (can't think of correct word!)  If it only adds £5-10 I might consider it.

Breeches that's the word - covers you for Data Breaches [as you can tell I'm not sure how to spell it though xD]

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)