About Us
Tapestry

What is your title?

We have our management structured as follows:

Supernumerary Manager

Supernumerary Deputy Manager who is also Team Leader 0-3,

Team Leader 3-5

Assistant Team Leader 0-3, Assistant Team Leader 3-5

Then all our other staff are L3, L2 or unqualified. We also have an office manager, cook, caretaker and housekeeper (some of those roles are part time)

• 1 month later...

We have preschool assistants and a senior preschool assistant. I’m lead teacher and like everyone else have 101 different jobs to. These posts make me smile because yesterday I had a kind of day where really sucks to be the boss. My non contact time was dominated with no Wi-Fi, PPI and marketing cold calls, broken gate, my own sick child who needed picking up from school, core group meeting and a bunch of other issues that could have been sorted if anyone else cared. I was at preschool until 9 o’clock tidying up ahead of our early years adviser visit next week - there was no soap in the toilets, toilets not even flushed, floor not swept, lids left off pens, toys left lying around inside and outside new rollers and brushes sat in about a foot of water, equipment not covered up etc list goes on.   I went to bed at 03:00 only to be woken at 04:30 by said daughter who had to be in school by 05:30 for a trip screaming at her sisters and dad who was taking her in. Yay - darkened room anyone?

Edited by MarshaD
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, MarshaD said:

We have preschool assistants and a senior preschool assistant. I’m lead teacher and like everyone else have 101 different jobs to. These posts make me smile because yesterday I had a kind of day where really sucks to be the boss. My non contact time was dominated with no Wi-Fi, PPI and marketing cold calls, broken gate, my own sick child who needed picking up from school, core group meeting and a bunch of other issues that could have been sorted if anyone else cared. I was at preschool until 9 o’clock tidying up ahead of our early years adviser visit next week - there was no soap in the toilets, toilets not even flushed, floor not swept, lids left off pens, toys left lying around inside and outside new rollers and brushes sat in about a foot of water, equipment not covered up etc list goes on.   I went to bed at 03:00 only to be woken at 04:30 by said daughter who had to be in school by 05:30 for a trip screaming at her sisters and dad who was taking her in. Yay - darkened room anyone?

Oh my one tough day ...hoping today runs more smoothly, maybe a close down check list would help or did they play hooky because you’d left the building? 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2018 at 20:10, GFCCCC said:

Who can remember 'Officer in Charge'? Are there any of them left?

I can almost!  !  I was employed by my local council as a Child Care Officer in a day nursery. The person in charge was called Matron!! This was around 1977

• Haha 1

On 19/04/2018 at 07:13, Mouseketeer said:

Oh my one tough day ...hoping today runs more smoothly, maybe a close down check list would help or did they play hooky because you’d left the building? 

I think my not being there was a factor but a check list is exactly what I’ve done!

• Like 1

I am "The Provider"  similar role to  "The Equalizer". ( remember him) ?

I Provide:

the setting

the staff

the goods

the chattels

the Wisdom 😁

the ideas 🤔

the praise 😇

the groans 😩

the kicks up the backside 😤

.........I gave my Managers Hat to away a few years ago in the hope that I could focus on Providing...😅

.......but  am now also

keyperson

tidier upper

searcher

cleaner

and a generally worn out, all dancing, all singing Early Years Practitioner!!!  😏

Take it from me.......there is no escape!!!

Edited by Rafa
  • Haha 3