Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow Plan

well you lazy lot ...I've been in work all day (and after school club!)...the school said parents could pick up from 1.30 but when we went to get the after school club we took all the children left bar 3 ...they tried to offload them on us too!:D Due to open tomorrow even though the school is closed  although school closed and after school club cancelled.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

well you lazy lot ...I've been in work all day (and after school club!)...the school said parents could pick up from 1.30 but when we went to get the after school club we took all the children left bar 3 ...they tried to offload them on us too!:D Due to open tomorrow even though the school is closed  although school closed and after school club cancelled.

Cheeky lot.   Hope you have a good day tomorrow Fm, you are, afterall, taking one for the team here ¬

• Like 4

Not sure that I can still be a member of the 'hooky gang' - I have been hard at it all day - lots crossed of the old TDL :)

The text message sent out from our primary school yesterday was so funny - you could hear the 'whatevs', 'am I bovvered' xD hope parents were as amused as I was!

• Like 1

All the snow gone from here and major flooding in nearby villages.  My son got a Coastguard call out to the next village that was flooded, just so happened it’s where he works and it’s completly flooded out, amazingly his van which he had to leave down there in the snow was surrounded by flood water on all sides but is still ok!  And the boats that were swept off the beach and into the sides of houses and on top of cars  missed it as well.  That’s enough weather now, please can we have some dry and calm conditions!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, zigzag said:

All the snow gone from here and major flooding in nearby villages.  My son got a Coastguard call out to the next village that was flooded, just so happened it’s where he works and it’s completly flooded out, amazingly his van which he had to leave down there in the snow was surrounded by flood water on all sides but is still ok!  And the boats that were swept off the beach and into the sides of houses and on top of cars  missed it as well.  That’s enough weather now, please can we have some dry and calm conditions!

Oh dear goodness how awful - hope all are safe

oh dear zigzag i hope everyone's alright .

Well i'm home! lovely having the evening off...although I've spent half of it in Sainsbugs!

we had 14 in this morning and 11 this afternoon ...although one of these was an ex-pupil who's mum was stuck for childcare! it was lovely to see him and hear him as he is a reluctant speaker ...couldn't keep him quiet for much of the day:)

Made soda bread with the children this morning and had snow play....then popcorn and movie this afternoon! (only room on the broom ...very special treat^_^) perhaps we should have renamed it room on the BRRRRRooommmm!

Lovely day ...well most of it, my little one with possible ADHD/ODD was in a particularly  'argumentative' moodO.o Before cooking this morning i had called the children to me and was having a chat about washing hands...which he was listening to ...from a distance! He shouted that he was NOT going to wash his hands...to which i said "oh well you can't do cooking then" ...so he decided to do it...then he refused to use the hand basin in the middle because it wasn't next to the BLUE soap dispenser....then he had a moan because he was next to HIM ( a child he 'isn't friends with!) then i said he wasn't going to be able to make the bread if he didn't stand there....then he.....ETC ETC ETC  AAAARRRRRGGGGG! So frustrating at times but at least i don't have to take him home...his poor MumO.o

• Like 3

We stayed open all this week.  I had told team at staff meeting that this was my intention and anyone not in wouldn’t be getting paid! Had one member of staff who didn’t come in because her children’s schools were closed. She did a half day Friday. All lot of families with siblings off didn’t come but on the whole turn out wasn’t too bad. We cancelled our Gruffalo drama workshop for book day but wish we’d gone ahead had quite a few turn up all dressed up. 

Rebecca don’t you find once something like that happens with the hair it’s always ‘that child’ that everything goes wrong with! 

• Like 2

We were ok, but in next town they have been without water over the weekend I heard.  One of our families moved house last Thursday, midst all of the snow, only to have no water over the weekend- 4 children, 2 under 4.   Mum's a coper though.

Bird feeder totally empty, the daffs and snowdrops survived, no leaks at the hall, so quite happy for once!

• Haha 1

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:50, sunnyday said:

Well I spoke too soon about the water situation - went off at 11am - we carried on and managed OK - not open tomorrow will hope that is back on by Thursday.....

how's it going? all sorted yet???

Won't know until I get there this morning, so fingers crossed please - the 'water station' has been set up in our car park, so I am not too worried, we might not have running water but we will have easy access to bottles, so my intention is to open, my parents endured three snow closure days last week (completely unavoidable), I am not prepared to close again!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Won't know until I get there this morning, so fingers crossed please - the 'water station' has been set up in our car park, so I am not too worried, we might not have running water but we will have easy access to bottles, so my intention is to open, my parents endured three snow closure days last week (completely unavoidable), I am not prepared to close again!

Such a trooper!

• Haha 1

Water was on today! :)

Whether it is going to remain that way I am not at all sure - 5 pallets of water in our car park and a further 3 pallets on the village green..........the pallets are piled 6 high with bottles - we hall see........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Water was on today! :)

Whether it is going to remain that way I am not at all sure - 5 pallets of water in our car park and a further 3 pallets on the village green..........the pallets are piled 6 high with bottles - we hall see........

Crumbs Sunnyday - sounds like they mean business for a little while at least - what will you do with the pallets afterwards?   Mud kitchen?

• Haha 3