Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted online SEF ends April 2018

18 hours ago, Rebecca said:

The latest Ofsted mythbusting document mentions the SEF:

4. Myth

Ofsted is removing the self-evaluation form (SEF) from 1 April 2018 but will still expect leaders to make a written record of their self-evaluation.

Fact

Childcare providers do not need to produce any self-evaluation documentation, but managers and staff should be able to discuss the setting with the inspector. Inspectors will ask staff about the quality of care and activities they provide, and how well the setting is meeting the learning needs of all children.

So (having changed what i thought was the goal post! AGAIN) can i ask what everyone feels they will now do? Will everyone produce a written document/statement /evidence or will we just ensure we are able to discuss our settings??

The sef was never compulsory but if we didn't do it we were expected to evaluate in another way now i'm in a bit of a quandary !

Dunno FM cry maybe :/ ( I can’t see a crying one so that will have to do) 

But seriously I always saw the SEF as something I completed never to be looked at again, so didn’t use it as a working document, I already have a development plan that I add things we’ve adapted/introduced/abolished, the reason, who’s voice (could be staff, committee rarely, parents, chn, other professionals) what we want it to achieve, who usually me, timescale, outcomes when I remember, so I’m not doing anything else  :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Dunno FM cry maybe :/ ( I can’t see a crying one so that will have to do) 

But seriously I always saw the SEF as something I completed never to be looked at again, so didn’t use it as a working document, I already have a development plan that I add things we’ve adapted/introduced/abolished, the reason, who’s voice (could be staff, committee rarely, parents, chn, other professionals) what we want it to achieve, who usually me, timescale, outcomes when I remember, so I’m not doing anything else  :ph34r:

That' the same as I/We do Mouseketeer.  We had an inspection in Nov and they were happy, and relieved, as hadn't updated our SEF for a while. :/:(

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Good afternoon

Has anybody come up with a an edited version of the on line sef that can be offered to the inspector when visiting? I downloaded all my online sef to my pc and have been attempting to keep this updated however as previously mentioned I cant see an inspector coming in and reading through all of this all first? We have evidence files for them to look through and I have taken note of when showing them round initially using this as a selling point and saying what we do well and what our actions are. We also have action plans ready for them to view so that they can see how we are constantly reviewing practice and looking to see how we can improve. Maybe overload but want to make sure we are fully prepared lol

Many thanks