Home
Forum
Join Us
What's New
Articles
Resources
About Us
Tapestry

Please can we have a way of seeing how many observations that staff have done of a child in a period, both published and unpublished. Currently if you look at the children page, the numbers there include anything parents have put on. If you go to thoroughness then it doesn't show unpublished observations or ones that have COEL attached to them.

This would allow me as a manager to be able to look and check that staff are doing enough observations on their children.

Thanks

I and other settings have been asking for this for some time now please see my thread on here somewhere, we really really need this for supervisions and appraisals..........please.........xx

• Like 1

Hi is there any update on this please?xx

Hi everyone, 

A screen that shows how many observations each individual staff member has made is still on our to do list but it is very near the top now. 
I'm afraid we still don't have a release date for it yet, but one of us will reply on this threat to let you know when it's ready. 

Columbo26, what you've described is a little bit different to what we had in mind. Is it important for you to be able to see the number of staff made observations for each child (so the chosen child has 17 observations in this term made by a staff member), regardless of which assessment, if indeed any, has been made? Or would being able to see the number of observations each staff member has made (which we were intending to add in this new screen), and the number of assessments for each child in certain frameworks/aspects (which you can already see in the available analysis screens) be enough? If you do need to see the number of staff made observations for each child, would you need to see that as a single number for each child (so all the observations across all staff members), or broken down into how many each staff member has made for that child (so staff member 1 added 3 observations for the chosen child and staff member 2 added 5 observations for the chosen child etc)? 

Best wishes,
Lauren

Hi Lauren, The sooner we have this tool the better ive had so many meetings and discussions with staff on how to limit the observations but without me giving them actual numbers its very difficult to show them what im talking about. So I would like to see Staff member A made X obs on child B in this period, and then a total obs by staff member in that period.x

• Like 1

I agree, and it needs to include all obs added by a staff member for their own key children and not just those with eyfs assessments attached please and Thank You :-) 

Thanks for that Keyup and Mouseketeer! I've added those as notes to our project for that new screen :).

It would be useful for me and an EY leader to see total number of obs by all staff and then an option to see a break down of how many from whom. The parents ones definitely being part of this total make it difficult to work out especially when some add them regularly.

many thanks,

Clare

Hi Clare, 

Thanks for that. Our intention is to have the figures in the screen we're creating for this to purely be about the observations made by staff members - not relatives, so hopefully it will work well for you! 

Best wishes,
Lauren