Join Us
What's New
Articles
Resources
About Us
Tapestry
Emily

Beta testing the new iOS app

Would you be interested in beta testing the new iOS Tapestry app for us?

We’ve made lots of improvements which I’ll go over below which we hope you will find helpful; because the new app is a substantial change this does mean there are still things that need tweaking and there might be bugs. These things that are still being worked on have been noted at the end of this post.

You can always switch back to the non-beta version of the app at any time if you wish, you can do this by deleting the beta version and installing the normal version from the normal app store.

You will require iOS 9 or iOS 10 in order to be able to download the beta version of the app. All iOS 8 devices and most iOS 7 devices can be upgraded to iOS 9, but that would need to be done before beta testing.

If you would like to get to see and use the new app before everyone else and provide us with some feedback you can comment on this post or email us at customer.service@eysf.info.

Improvements

Improvements that should particularly help staff:

• Observation filter (e.g., to show just unapproved observations, or observations relating to children in a particular cohort, or just a person's key children)
  • Children filter (e.g., to show just a particular cohort or key person's children) and quickly add all children in a particular group to an observation.
  • Queue system for uploading several observations (i.e., don't need to wait for one to succeed before starting another, uploads will continue after the app has exited). This should be particularly helpful for people with slower internet connections.

Improvements that should particularly help relatives:

• Login with TouchID (the fingerprint scanner) and ability to save password/ pin on the device
  • Option to choose which school to log into, if registered with more than one school (like the web version)
  • Save pictures and videos from observations to their device (if the setting has given permission)

Other more minor improvements:

• Edit the date and time of an observation
  • Edit the author of an observation
  • On devices with a wide screen (iPad mini in landscape, or bigger iPads) you can see both the list of observations and a specific observation
  • Use of the keyboard to quickly add children and assessments (not perfect yet)
  • ‘Additional Information’ assessment box in observations
  • Change the text size with the iOS in built accessibility settings

Still being worked on:

• EYFS, Leuven and Key Stage 1 and 2 assessments are the only assessment frameworks currently available, other frameworks will be coming, but they are not yet ready.
  • This data is encrypted, but we haven’t yet had an independent security test done on the app. As with the previous version of the app, if you delete the app, all your data is safe except for any uploads that were in progress when you deleted it.

Hi

I would be happy to test it.

Would I be able to just try it on my work iPad (as don't want to scare the staff yet ). Also would it mean I can have both the old app and new app on my ipad or just the one. Just in case I'm having a moment and can still upload . No worries if I can't

Looking forward to the new app looks interesting .........

Hi Cherly_Herrick

You can try it on just one iPad.

Unfortunately you can't have both the old and the new app on the same iPad at the same time. However, you can delete the new app at any time, and reinstall the old app from the app store, and then, later, if you like re-install the new app.

Best wishes

Tom

• Like 1

Hello there I would love to test this out for you! I have sent an email too, many thanks!

Emma

Hi,

I would love to trial the new iOS app for you. Please let me know what you would need me to do.

Many Thanks

Hi Emily

I would love to trial the beta app if you still need testers

Carol

Hi Emily,

When saving my pin for finger print scanning it seems to need more than 4 numbers.

Carol

Hi Carol, I've sent you an email to try and figure out what is causing this bug. Best wishes, Tom

We'd love to try out the new app too!!

When do you need the feedback by? I keep meaning to email feedback but haven't got round to it yet!

As soon as possible! But also, whenever you can: I know nursery life is busy.

I'm working on the feedback I already have and should have a new version out in a week or so.

Ideally I would like to release the app to everybody early in August.

Best wishes

Tom