Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When is the EYNFF due to begin?

BroadOaks

So Finleysmaid, what does that look like for your settings hourly rate for 3 / 4 year olds.

Our base rate would be £4.30 but we should (still don't know !) get £4.66. Now BEFORE anyone shouts I know this is considerably more than lots of you but we live in a very expensive area! Rent and staff costs are high....our projected costings would suggest our rate should be around £5.20!!

​It is crazy that councils have still not 'declared' how are we all supposed to make decisions?

I am now at the stage I have to make a plan to present to the trustees. At the moment I am considering offering 15 x 30 hour spaces...but i'm not confident that I will be able to stick to this if I become inundated with requests. It was clear from our recent info that the government expect parents to buy more hours but none of mine are planning to do that. I therefore have to try to make money somewhere. We are considering insisting that everyone must take 15 hours or more...don't like it but i'm not sure what else to do :unsure:

Finleysmaid - sounds like your Admission Policy is going to be difficult to 're-word'!! :) :)

Still miss the children but I'm so glad I don't have to 'deal' with all of this anymore!

I know! it would be great to offer to the most deserving families...but that would be discriminatory!

• Like 1

Just had ours through...............£4.14p per hour from April with a deprivation supplement of 40p per hour and a rurality supplement of 52p per hour. Neither of the supplements apply to us...... so £4.14p it is. Two year old funding will be £5.32

Edited by narnia

Just got back from meeting where ours has been announced.

£4.25 per hour with flexibility supplement of 10p per hour. So it's £4.35 for us

They're not linking the deprivation supplement to the setting any more but to the EYPP so that will only be paid on children getting EYPP which will effectively increase it to £1.53.

Two year olds only gone up to £5.03

As I no longer work in a setting, I'm not as up to date as I used to be - just wondered how the maintained school nurseries are dealing with this?

Our local ones used to run as 5 x 3hrs in a morning and then moved to 'wraparound care' at lunch time and for the afternoons with any other 3+ children joining them who haven't been in a morning - if the children are eligible for 30 hours then they theoretically won't have as many places and therefore some children may stay in pre-schools longer?

Just had ours through...............£4.14p per hour from April with a deprivation supplement of 40p per hour and a rurality supplement of 52p per hour. Neither of the supplements apply to us...... so £4.14p it is. Two year old funding will be £5.32

Do you have many deprived/rural areas where you are Narnia? those supplements are generous!

​It is crazy that councils have still not 'declared' how are we all supposed to make decisions?

I am now at the stage I have to make a plan to present to the trustees. At the moment I am considering offering 15 x 30 hour spaces...but i'm not confident that I will be able to stick to this if I become inundated with requests. It was clear from our recent info that the government expect parents to buy more hours but none of mine are planning to do that. I therefore have to try to make money somewhere. We are considering insisting that everyone must take 15 hours or more...don't like it but i'm not sure what else to do :unsure:

We are not offering 30hrs but I am working towards encouraging parents to take up the 15 hours from Sept by commenting that the building up of sessions over the last 3 terms may not be an option. Also am tired of 2 sessions a week people - doesn't work!!

• Like 3

Not sure if it was you who also posted this on a certain Fb page - but the same info was shared there at approx same time.. anyway, i mentioned in that thread on Fb - your supplements are way over the max 10% allowed. I was just wondering how they are doing it please.. if you know this info? It might help other areas to fight for more :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)