Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone else awaiting 30 hours capital funding decision?

Littlemay

Just had our call, we have not been selected. 2 out of our 6 have been approved. Back to drawing board as this means we carnt offer 30 hours

That's a blow Foreveryoung - what's your set up? perhaps we can get our collective heads together and see if we can come up with any ideas

Thank you. I don't know to be honest, I need to think it all through and come to terms with it. I don't want to give up on the project but it's really hard to work out a way forward and I'm not sure whether finance is going to be affordable.

Im a bit angry that the reason they have given is that they were over subscribed. Surely if they knew which LA's were part of the programme and had allocated each LA with a number of projects then they should have known how many projects were likely to apply. So very frustrating.

• Like 1

I have also been informed today that our funding has not been approved. I am told that only 2 out of the 6 applications made by our LEA have been approved - is this the same local authority I wonder? I am not sure what will happen next or whether there is a way to appeal. I am not yet aware of the reason given for the rejection but would be surprised if it was due to being over subscribed, given that LEAs were allocated a set number of projects. It feels as though the Government set the whole thing up to fail and had a budget in mind that was a great deal lower than the £40 million promised.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear from those whose bid got rejected. 2 out of 6 bids were accepted in our LA and I'm please to say ours is one.

I can imagine the frustration from those who weren't as successful this time especially after heavy investment of time, money and mental capacity.

Congratulations Littlesparkle that's such good news for you.

• Like 1

Re the number of projects an LA could submit - it was upto the number given however there was no sense that all of an LAs submissions would get through as each had to meet very specific criteria.

The LA also has to demonstrate where the additional funding is coming from to make up the amount the DfE was not funding.

Cx

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)