Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tax free childcare ... sign up required September / October

So was mine, it arrived on our last day but have been away so not had chance to register. However we are also a reg charity but I have checked our tax stuff before on HMRC's website and I'm sure you can only register to do that with a UTR. Unless I'm thinking of a GG number.

Rea, did he say how long until we can register?

• Like 1

Mine has arrived and I have completed it - doesn't take very long at all - but I did struggle with some of the security questions - they were a bit bizarre lol

Glad you thought that - I did too - so bizarre in fact that i wonder if I will remember my answers :wacko: :lol:

• Like 2

Mine has arrived and I have completed it - doesn't take very long at all - but I did struggle with some of the security questions - they were a bit bizarre lol

Not only were they bazaar, they seemed to want so many of them answered. They probably now know me better than I know myself!

• Like 4

Oh dear. Just thinking now - maybe I need to retrieve our form from Treasurers tray. We will do it as a joint enterprise!

Actually yes I would think so - questions are personal to you - e.g. where did you meet your partner, name of street that you lived on when you ten.........

Promise though that the set up is really easy :1b

• Like 1

Has anyone that has registered received a reply or acknowledgement that they have been successfully setup?

After seeing the confirmation screen during the setup process, there have been no further emails or letters.

Just curious, as how do we know that we have been setup properly?

Nope I had no confirmation either. I can now sign in though for what it's worth and all the details are correct ie bank details. So I guess we need to now inform parents to use this? When does it start?

The link on my first post can be copied to parents which will give them the details 'early 2017' is on the description

• Like 1

Has anyone that has registered received a reply or acknowledgement that they have been successfully setup?

After seeing the confirmation screen during the setup process, there have been no further emails or letters.

Just curious, as how do we know that we have been setup properly?

No confirmation for me either - I'm 'making like an ostrich' and telling myself it must all be 'done'! ;) ::1a

• 2 weeks later...

Accessed through the link that Rebecca posted (thank you) - there is a number to contact which I called and was told that the letter would be re-issued. To register you need to input a reference number on the letter!! I did explain that nursery hadn't received the letter in the first place! It isn't an issue or he led me to believe that it isn't!!!

• Like 1

What about schools? My preschool and the out of school club are governed by the school and hence come under the schools ofsted. Will the government realise that schools also provide this service and send letters out to register? I have warned the office to expect one but nothing yet!

Well finally have received mine. Went on this evening to register, got all the way to the point of putting in a password and the site crashed!

I'll try tomorrow.

BtTW Marley - my letter came in a white envelope, not a lovely HMRC brown one - looked like junk mail.

• Like 1