Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2014 registration - have you had yours yet?

MarshaD

Oh no you have me worried now. We had to re-register due to moving premises in September 2014 and therefore classed as a new setting and so be inspected in the 30 month time scale which would be March time?

Hi Manor

I hope to be moving soon - what steps did you have follow to reregister?

Hi MarshaD

OO er your asking me now! I will speak to my deputy and get back to you. We had at the time a very pro-active Chair, who got the ball rolling for us and took charge so to speak. I do remember 3 of us staff all going to her house to fill in forms online, lots of phone calls and emails to Ofsted about it all, Especially when they said it would take 25 weeks to complete, had major panic then, as that would have been to late for our parents who would be coming with us. I'm sure we followed a step by step How to Register guide on the Ofsted web. The chair had to register first to become the nominated person, who then could speak to Ofsted.The process may have changed, but I cant imagine it would have too much, o except back then you didn't have to sign up for the updated service, where as now you do, even committee members-(I think?)

Good luck

Hi MarshaD

OFSTED NEW REGISTRATION INFO 2016.doc

Some bedtime reading - Ofsted New registration guide. I know your not new, but that's what you will be classed as and I'm wondering about your ofsted report you have just had. We couldn't take ours with us so to speak, so what will happen with that I have no idea. I feel a phone call or email preferably is required to find out.

All the best

• Like 1

Thanks Manor think I have located the answer, but will check as suggested:

114. Registered providers of childcare on non-domestic and domestic premises (except childminding) who wish to add or change premises they use for childcare, must apply to Ofsted for approval of the suitability of additional premises and pay the approval fee before childcare is provided from the new premises. It is an offence to operate from non-approved premises.

117. In both circumstances, because the ‘registered person’ is already known to Ofsted and much of the necessary information is already held, the approval process is simpler. As with a new registration, Ofsted will advise the applicant if approval has been granted once it has undertaken the necessary checks, which may include an approval visit.

118. Ofsted will take account of all information held on the existing registration. Should there be any unresolved actions that were set by Ofsted during a previous inspection, or information relating to concerns raised by parents and others, or a poor inspection history, Ofsted will undertake a risk assessment to decide whether it is necessary to undertake an approval visit by an inspector.