Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted -nominated person and companies!

:huh: We are just about to change our memorandum and articles to allow the manager to be our nominated person but she wasn't going to be a director of the company just a committee member does this mean that she now can't be the Ofsted nominated person?

If your committee are classed as directors, then yes she would also need to be classed as a committee member/ director and listed as such at companies house. The problem we currently have under our memorandum of articles is that no member of our committee/ directors can remain on after 6 years, so in 6 years time what do we do if I am on the committee and listed as the nominated person.

Grrrrr:(:(

We are fortunate on this occasion to have a committee/ director member that is EY trained and willing to be this, but in the future who knows.

So without me knowing too much about how your committee's work.. i am now presuming that they are Management Committee's? http://www.diycommitteeguide.org/code/principle/role-management-committee

So every member of your committee are equal directors?

Sorry for my ignorance regarding how these work! I am only experienced in a private owned nursery and a Charity Committee.

Although i would imagine the Committee would have a ChairPerson.. Secretary and Treasurer.. maybe Trustees?

This puts those of us that have charity reg committees back to square one doesn't it? Our committee members change every year maybe some every two if we are lucky. So our nominated person will also have to change every year now. Give me strength!!

As the nominated person Ofsted speak to me or write to me about everything, if I am no longer allowed to be the nominated person and it has to be a committee member then goodness knows what will happen. I flatly refuse to be a committee member -its about the only thing I dont do for my setting (even though I do actually do the chair, sec, and treasurers jobs for them) I wonder why the have decided this all has to be changed.

• Like 2

Hi lynned53. You can still be named apparently as one of the persons for contact with Ofsted. I am in the same position as you.

There are just some areas that will only be shared with the nominated person now.

Ofsted informed me yesterday that one of the reasons of this change was that previously under the old system managers could leave a job but in theory still have the power over your provision.:(

• Like 1

Well I'm sorry but thats a ridiculous reason isnt it? As under the new system committee members will leave and as Mouse says Ofsted take no notice of EY3's so will still have power over our provision. I have heard awful tales in the past both from here and a group near me that had awful fights with their Chair as the nominated person simply because she used to get all their info and not pass it on.

Fredbear wha areas will be shared with 'just the nominated person' did they say?

• Like 2

Ha ha well that's a good question. I have to say he did have to leave the call twice to go and clarify certain things, and was so obviously reading it out of a document. I'm not sure he knew himself. The whole things a damned farce, of which I have spent far too much time on in the past few weeks.

On that note before I really lose the plot with it all, I shall be emailing them with my dissatisfaction in the way this has been delivered to provisions. Here endeth the rant:(:(:(

• Like 3

I am the manager and nominated person of a committee run pre school and find it ridiculous that I now have to ask a committee member to be the nominated person. What on earth is the reason for this? And how annoying to now have to ask a committee member to come in and have to tell them what I want to tell/ask Ofsted. I just can't get my head around it. Also does anybody know the correct process that we have to go through to change me from being nominated person to my chairperson?

• Like 1

Zigzag when I asked that question I was told that the current nominated person needed to send an email informing them of the new nominated person (current committee member). I said I would do this after the next committee meeting - if a decision was made and someone was willing to take over the role!

• Like 1

I saw a post elsewhere that you can check who you have listed as committee from a tab once logged into your sef portal ....I couldn't find it does anyone else know how to see it, it would be useful ? Someone had asked how but no answer yet.

I did once see the tab but when i clicked on it there was nothing to view! however that was the last time i updated my SEF and I wouldn't like to disclose when that actually was :ph34r::P

• Like 4

Well I went to check, I do have a tab on the left that says 'enroll in self-service', you have to log in using ofsted token, I tried the number I have for sef log in but 'access is denied' is it a different token or have I been denied access already as I'm no longer nominated person in their eyes ? They'll be round for the keys next !

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2

Have you got an Ofsted gateway unique number. If so I think you can log in and look on there.:)

Is that different to the sef login number, in the dim and distant past I seem to remember a 'token' with a mix of numbers/ lower case letters ? Though I have seen a screen shot of the link on a sef page, it just says 'self-service', mine says 'enrole in self-service'

So I've just logged onto the Ofsted/gov gateway where I update my SEF

There is an option called Enrol in Self-service it asks for your 'token' number again which I've put in but it has come back with an error message saying

Service Access Denied

Our records indicate that you are not currently allowed access to the service you are trying to enrol in.

If you believe you should have access, please contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231

Is that where I should be able to see my committee members?

• Like 1

Could you be getting the error message because your login is no longer valid, i.e. Ofsted have now sent a new set of log in details to the new nominated person? That;s what happened when we last changed nominated person.

If that's the case, then how do you now do the sef?

Could you be getting the error message because your login is no longer valid, i.e. Ofsted have now sent a new set of log in details to the new nominated person? That;s what happened when we last changed nominated person.

If that's the case, then how do you now do the sef?

Just logged in and I can update my SEF - whoo can I say I've updated my SEF as I've updated the number of children on roll ?? ::1a

• Like 1

Yes I thought so. If you go back on Ofsted/ government gateway there is a guidance, frequently asked question section, if you scroll down it might help you.

If not it's a call, ha ha that's if they will speak to you now.:):):)

To be honest Fredbear I did check that screen over a year ago and I've never been able to access that screen.

My returned email didn't query me being the nominated person as I am a general committee member anyway.

Do I REALLY want to call Ofsted though?!!!

• Like 1

It would help if anybody could answer my question. If your committee is classed as a Management Committee then all committee members' have an equal share in the responsibility. It won't matter who is chair, secretary or anything else. I guess any member of the committee could then be the nominated person? This would make things much easier right?

I am an Area manager for a group of nurseries and went to submit the spreadsheet updating info etc to be told I couldn't submit it as I was no longer nominated person for the company. Did not know anything about these changes and the business owner does not want to do it? Does anyone know anyway of getting around it? I think she is looking at making me a non-executive director of the company to please Ofsted?? Not sure, its just waiting more time that can be spent doing other things!!