Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

Still nothing!

Bizarre! :D

How are you responding? I received a letter through the post. It says that we can't use handwritten answers? Will probably type answers and attach it to an email???? Seems a bit strange - or is it just me??

All very strange!

I had to speak to Ofsted this week about another matter and asked why I had not received email or letter. They said as I am not a group provider it didn't apply to me. That said, they also led me round and round in circles about the matter I was initially querying, so I'm not sure that I trust anything they say!! Took 4 calls to 4 different ofsted persons before I managed to sort the issue myself.

Really don't understand that at all :blink:

I'm glad I have seen this thread as it has saved a phone call to OFSTED. I opened the email but have not replied as I didn't think it was genuine. I'm very suspicious of randon emails purporting to be from organisations and would not have completed it without checking it's authenticity. I haven't a clue how it relates to the finance legislation mentioned - I haven't had requests from other organisations for information!

So pleased that I am not the only one with a 'suspicious mind' :D

How are you responding? I received a letter through the post. It says that we can't use handwritten answers? Will probably type answers and attach it to an email???? Seems a bit strange - or is it just me??

I emailed them and asked for the spreadsheet version. Which they have sent... I just haven't filled it in yet - it needs to wait for my office day! Which this is, so I s'pose I'd better at least look at it today...

I emailed them and asked for the spreadsheet version. Which they have sent... I just haven't filled it in yet - it needs to wait for my office day! Which this is, so I s'pose I'd better at least look at it today...

I did this too, but when I tried to complete it it wouldn't let me because it's password protected. So I've emailed them again this morning to ask for the password and am still waiting for a reply.

Why must they make everything so difficult!

On the bright side I suppose it means I don't have to complete it today...

Thank you for completing the registration details form.

Ofsted has updated its systems to match the registration details form you submitted. You may wish to retain the document for your records.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm the requirement for you to keep Ofsted up to date with changes to registration. These requirements are outlined in; sections 3.77 and 3.78 of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Regulations 2008 Paragraph 26 of Schedule 3 of the Childcare (General Childcare Register).

Initially you should use the Early Years Self Service portal via your Ofsted Online Government Gateway account to keep your details up to date. Ofsted hopes to continue to develop this service.

Please note that if you have provided information of an additional contact(s) in Section E of the data cleanse form the individual(s) have been added to our records. However, if you have selected you give them permission to access the registration's Self Evaluation form, they will not be able to gain access until June 2016. We will contact you closer to this time to advise you further.

Kind Regards,

Karina Byron

Ofsted

Email: registrationdetails@ofsted.gov.uk

Ofsted on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ofstednews

Received today - so that's me done then!!! :1b

Sent mine in today. Di di note that I can no longer be the nominated person as I am not part of the registered person (committee) although I did name myself as a contact.

Are you the nominated person?

I'm waiting for the electronic version to come through so I haven't paid much attention to the paper version :ph34r:

I think I was the nominated person and the committee was the registered 'person' - is that the right terminology? On the new contact details, section c, it states that the nominated individual must be part of the registered person. So my understanding is that must mean a committee member? Section E is for up to 2 named contacts, ofsted recommend one is the manager.

I think I was the nominated person and the committee was the registered 'person' - is that the right terminology? On the new contact details, section c, it states that the nominated individual must be part of the registered person. So my understanding is that must mean a committee member? Section E is for up to 2 named contacts, ofsted recommend one is the manager.

Yes I'm with you we are like that - although I am on the committee as manager.

Beside yourself then who have you put as your 2nd contact?

Out Treasurer is most reliable and longest serving so I put her as nominated person. I am not a named committee member. Didn't put a second contact. Will work on that one! Just wanted to get it sent in.

Edited by lsp