Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPP

Panders

Wow. Can I ask what are your funding hourly rates, tish501.

Hi Fredbear...we got 24p per hour rise this term...so now £4.24...for 3/4's.. £5.15 for 2's. Regular List of provider meetings too which help us tremendously since they keep us up to date on everything....I cant imagine the quarterly meeting next week when we have 'Any questions re EYPP ! '.I should count myself luck y I am in Suffolk then it seems...although lots of our settings rural so not excessive charges for our parents anyways....

how does your county justify such a huge top slice? do you get lots of help and support or free training????

Hi sorry to hear about the comparatively low rates around the country,,,,,,we have no free training....but if a course like first aid has to be done....we source it locally as to go the the LEA courses could mean a round trip of 2 hours to do it .so all local settings get together to make up the minimum no. and share the cost.....just last night safeguarding in our little village....£5 each ...but all the free courses disappeared over the years.No early years advisors any more...speech therapy has to be requested and then verified...

I can only assume Suffolk LEA pass all the funding from Central Government to us.We also have a EYITT and graduate members of staff....if we did not our funding would be only £3.90....and goes lower as the qualification goes lower.

Hope that helps off out now will try to explain more later if I can...Sorry xx

We only get £3.50 for 3s and 4s, £5.00 for 2s. I don't even know if having a graduate affects things here - we have one, so I'm guessing not!

how does your county justify such a huge top slice? do you get lots of help and support or free training????

All Free training went in April of this year

No Sen training for quite some time (a couple of years at least)

Settings who are Outstanding or Good get one advisor visit per year those who get below get 'support' although how much you get i don't know as we are a Good setting.

There 3 manager network meetings per year in an evening - that's it.

Basically without this amazing supportive forum 'up the creek without a paddle' is where we would be.

Feel very alone as a setting; we are all scrabbling for children so building relationships & support bases with other close settings isn't going to happen (and I have tried) LEA seem to be pushing schools to open up 2 year old provision and that's where it feels most of their energies seem to be.

• Like 1

All Free training went in April of this year

No Sen training for quite some time (a couple of years at least)

Settings who are Outstanding or Good get one advisor visit per year those who get below get 'support' although how much you get i don't know as we are a Good setting.

There 3 manager network meetings per year in an evening - that's it.

Basically without this amazing supportive forum 'up the creek without a paddle' is where we would be.

Feel very alone as a setting; we are all scrabbling for children so building relationships & support bases with other close settings isn't going to happen (and I have tried) LEA seem to be pushing schools to open up 2 year old provision and that's where it feels most of their energies seem to be.

do you know who your representative on the school's forum is (where they set the amounts)...or could you stand for a place? might be worth tackling this at source....am seriously considering this option myself!

Edited by finleysmaid

do you know who your representative on the school's forum is (where they set the amounts)...or could you stand for a place? might be worth tackling this at source....am seriously considering this option myself!

In a word 'no' !! I dont even know who to ask!

On our schools forum there are/were (I know that 1 as left) two representatives for early years - it is something to do with the amount of "pupils" as to how many representatives you can have. In effect this meant that when it came to voting they would always be in the minority with representatives of schools and academies being the greater number so it doesn't take much to work out that the interests of early years were always going to come second to the primary and secondary school interests! :angry:

Perhaps when the early years funding "consultation" is issued we should all be making noises about how the early years budget should not be decided by the schools forum

• Like 1

Well I've had a search and have found a list of people but it doesn't say who respresents what or how to get in touch!

however, there are minutes of meetings (must say bit hard going to read!) and for every area it says bids had been put in for more funds and for each area they weren't successful.

One of my parents has applied - I have received and e mail today to say her little one will be receiving EYPP, - what happens next?

Well letter arrived today to say he has been awarded £34.45. for this term and because he turns 4 next academic year we have to go through the whole process all over again - hardly worth it really. (The amount may appear low, but he only comes to us for 5 funded hours per week).

That's right though Panders - 53p per hour doesn't go far when they are doing so few hours.

Why do you have to go through the process again though it should roll forward when he is 4 as this is an offer for 3 and 4 year olds?

Thinking forward with this though I have made a diary note to run applications through the checker in September for new starters as well as January and April for those who move into the 3 and 4 year old funding.

Also just to complicate the issue if anyone falls out of the working tax credit scheme they could potentially fall into the EYPP bracket so when parents doing whatever it is they do in after April 5th to log their income for working tax credit everyone might have to be checked again!!!!! :wacko:

That's right though Panders - 53p per hour doesn't go far when they are doing so few hours.

Why do you have to go through the process again though it should roll forward when he is 4 as this is an offer for 3 and 4 year olds?

Maybe I've misinterpreted what it means, letter says, "Please be aware that eligibility checks for children funded under the economic criteria have to be completed again in the September of the academic year in which they turn 4."

• Like 1

Maybe I've misinterpreted what it means, letter says, "Please be aware that eligibility checks for children funded under the economic criteria have to be completed again in the September of the academic year in which they turn 4."

When my LA lead was checking whether we had to even engage with claiming EYPP she made calls to DfE and Ofsted first - both outfits advised her that early years children didn't qualify for EYPP :blink: :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink: (She has since emailed them with all the details xD )

At our briefing we were told that EYPP had to be spent on the individual child and tracked back to them - then the PSLA published an article which said that it could be spent in such a way that other children benefited too as long as the EYPP child benefited! :unsure:

Given that tish501 is also getting a different rate from everyone else as well I reckon the whole thing is being misinterpreted by everyone xDxD

(Have no idea what happened with the quote thing either - maybe I misinterpreted the button xD )

• Like 2

It is possible that tish's LA have added on top the extra 4p as the amount announced is definitely 53p per hour. LAs can do that if they have the funds to, and they may have opted for that?

The only way to find out is to ask of your LA, if your funding figures seem odd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)