Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted finally came!

Devondaisy

After a very long wait Ofsted finally arrived yesterday! I was starting to think they had forgotten about us!

We had a really lovely inspector who was very complimentary about everything we do, it was a really enjoyable experience with none of the nerves I expected. The staff were all amazing and the children were too!

Not allowed to divulge the result but suffice to say our smiles could not possibly be any bigger!!! It still seems a little unreal :D

• Like 10

We got a "very secure Good" which is what we were hoping for. She only stayed about 5 hours and one of them was the feedback so much less stressful than they used to be.

I just kept making people go and talk to her!

• Like 6

Interesting thing though

She gave us a recommendation about one of our children who she felt was not engaged enough.

I checked up on a local setting who had also had her as an inspector and they had almost exactly the same recommendation about a child she thought was not engaged enough!

However, she loved Tapestry!

Interesting thing though

She gave us a recommendation about one of our children who she felt was not engaged enough.

I checked up on a local setting who had also had her as an inspector and they had almost exactly the same recommendation about a child she thought was not engaged enough!

However, she loved Tapestry!

That is obviously her 'thing' then :blink:

Many congrats on your 'very secure good' though - you can enjoy the summer terms now without wondering when the knock on the door will come :1b

And that's been the best thing about the Easter hols for me - having had ours last month I really feel as if a tonne of bricks have been lifted :1b

Me too thumper - and no thinking about (note it would have only been 'thinking about'!) updating the blessed SEF :D

• Like 1

Thank you for all the congratulations, and well done to you too Melba :D

It's such a relief and is just starting to sink in...

Morning off today and I'm not doing any paperwork!!! B)

I sympathise with those of you still waiting, but it really wasn't as bad as I had been expecting. Our last visit was 2008 so I had had plenty of time to stress!

She had done her research before the visit, and stressed how useful the SEF was for giving her lots of information, and also the website. That meant she could spend almost all of her time in the setting watching staff interactions with the children and talking to me. The rest of the staff were so pleased she didn't ask them any questions!

We were definitely lucky with the inspector though, she's an ex reception teacher, clearly very experienced in early years, and just seemed to 'get' us. She really wanted to see us at our best.

• Like 1

Congratulations...definitely helps to have an Inspector with early years experience xxs

It certainly does!

'My' Inspector had taught reception and had run her own pre-school - she said and I quote "I gave that up because I couldn't take the pressure, I take my hat off to those that can" - how amazingly honest of her :1b

• Like 4