Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS statutory framework from Sept 2014

catma

• 2 months later...

I did CSE in 1975 and gained my NVQ level 3 in 2000 so if they asked me to re-sit my GCSE English and maths then that's the time I will have to leave!!!!!!

Hi can someone clarify? Our manager is suggesting that profiles will not be needed from Sept due to the changes.

Please can someone explain what she means and how we will track children effectively.

Thanks for your thoughts

"From 2016, the reception baseline assessment will be the only measure we will use to assess the progress of children who enter reception year. ... from 2016 once the EYFS profile stops being compulsory." From www.gov.uk

You will still need to record children's development and progress. My understanding is that you just don't send the information in June.

Edited by Wildflowers

There is no change to the learning and development requirement. In Sept as now you can keep your records how you want. The EYFSP assessment known as the profile is a different thing and will be in place until Sept 16. After that there will be a baseline. Information which may or may not need input from previous settings. We wait to see how it will be administered.

Cx

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)