Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New SEF

Thumper

thank you, didn't look too closely but what's changed and more the point ofsted WHY ????? (haven't looked at old one in ages, forgot what that looked like :/ )

Don't ask me mouse! xD I have printed off copies of both - but I am not, not, not, going to look at them this week! :ph34r:xDxD

• Like 1

Well mine was ready to go onto the site and through general laziness I didn't do it. Now I have another out of date SEF on my hands! Please Ofsted go and play with someone else fora while and let us get used to your changes and begin to "work" them

• Like 2

Well mine was ready to go onto the site and through general laziness I didn't do it. Now I have another out of date SEF on my hands! Please Ofsted go and play with someone else fora while and let us get used to your changes and begin to "work" them

have you 'studied' it - is it very different???

well i must be psychic! i have been putting off doing it (for ages!) i had planned to do it this week.... :o :blink: :ph34r:

Same as that! :1b Has been a nagging thought in the dark recesses of my brain.......somehow or other always seemed to find something more fun important urgent to do!

Could you use your physic abilities on the old lottery numbers for this week - we could forget all about SEFs then! ;)

Same as that! :1b Has been a nagging thought in the dark recesses of my brain.......somehow or other always seemed to find something more fun important urgent to do!

Could you use your physic abilities on the old lottery numbers for this week - we could forget all about SEFs then! ;)

who says i'm sharing ! :oxD

• Like 1

Ah, that may explain why I couldn't upload! That'll teach me to be organised...albeit a few yrs late hehehe!

Anyone else getting an 'error' code when trying to upload?

Blinking changes! Can't keep up with it all

well i must be psychic! i have been putting off doing it (for ages!) i had planned to do it this week.... :o :blink: :ph34r:

Me too - Following recent Tribal training I have printed off the Ofsted grade descriptors (for good and outstanding as hoping that this is where we are) and the plan was to bullet point against these - a quick glance at the guidance (thanks for the uploads) would suggest that this is probably the way forward.

(Now I'm really worried that I'm beginning to think like an inspector xDxD:ph34r: )

ok having just spent few minutes looking in to this i think there maybe some misinterperetation here....please prove me wrong though! i think what ofsted have done is just add the capability to download the information in an easier format. The ONLINE version does not appear to have changed but the 'offline' information has been produced in a word and PDF format ....can anyone else confirm this before i launch into my sef?????

ok having just spent few minutes looking in to this i think there maybe some misinterperetation here....please prove me wrong though! i think what ofsted have done is just add the capability to download the information in an easier format. The ONLINE version does not appear to have changed but the 'offline' information has been produced in a word and PDF format ....can anyone else confirm this before i launch into my sef?????

I pretty sure (99.9%) that I've downloaded both back in May (if not August) in both formats.

I have just looked at it as I was due to redo mine during the holidays. Comparing it to the October 2012 version the changes seem to be to the page numbers you refer to in the evaluation schedule for inspections of registered early years provision (which makes sense as that has just been updated)

The only wording change I could see was that in Section 2 the "RAG rating the local authority may give you to indicate the level of intervention they offer" has been deleted.

I'm noticing some new things they suggest that we include and started writing a post listing them, but then thought that it may be easier for everyone to go though the guidance to ensure that they have covered what's there - that's what I will do. The main thing is the reference to the 'evaluation schedule' throughout. My overall impression is that the SEF is getting increasingly clearer with each update, which is a good thing. (Trying to be positive...)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)