Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

FSF website upgrade

Steve

thanks Steve by browser do u mean Google 8 not sure I'm up to tecy things its still there

Just the program you're using the internet with Sue. It's likely to be one of three browsers if you're using a PC: Internet Explorer (IE - check to see which version you have by clicking 'Help' and 'About'), or Firefox, or Chrome.

If you're using a Mac it will probably be Safari.

I think it's likely to be a browser issue as I haven't heard reports from anyone else about this problem, so it would be useful if you could let me know so I can test it on an equivalent. :1b

Hi suewhit, I think this is probably a cookie setting related to your web browser. When you click on the button to say that you understand we use cookies, it needs to store a setting to say that you have read and understood the message....as it happens a cookie is where that information is saved!

If your browser is refusing to save a cookie, then everytime you visit the site it won't know that you have read the message and will prompt you again.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies This link provides generic instructions about how to change cookie settings in the various versions of internet explorer. You can either gradually adjust the slider until the cookies are saved or implicitly save eyfs.info as a site and allow cookies from it. Hope this helps.

Hi sunnyday, erm.....no you're not being thick, there isn't currently a button! The code for such a button only works for one browser, which is unfair to all the other browsers! The limited effectiveness means it is probably better to give some guidance how to set the homepage in your browser, its pretty simple and usually a similar process in all browsers:

The following instructions should work in most current browsers.

• Go to the page that you want to select as your homepage.
  • Open the main internet tools menu in your browser - this may be called Tools, Edit, Firefox, Opera or Safari (depending on your browser and operating system).
  • Select the tab marked 'General', 'Preferences', 'Options' or 'Internet Options' (depending on your browser).
  • You may see a button marked 'Use current page' or 'Use current'. If so, click this button then click OK. The page you were visiting should be saved as your homepage and you won't need to do anything else.
  • If not, look for a box entitled 'Homepage', 'Homepage location' or similar, which will contain the URL (web address) of your current homepage. Type http://eyfs.info, or the address of the page that you want, into this box and click OK. Your new homepage will be set.

It is all still looking great but I think I'm having a 'thick moment'. I can't figure out how/where to attach a photo (or any other document for that matter) to a thread. I've clicked on More Reply Options but can't find anything. I've tried clicking on the image icon but get messages about uploading to the server.

I know I've done it before!

Thanks for the explanation Steve. I've tried that both at school and at home and it doesn't seem to work. Once I click on 'Send to server' it looks as though it's done something but then when I click ok it flips to the Image info tab with a message that says Image source URL is missing.

Sorry to be a pain - it's not even that exciting a photo!

It's Internet Explorer 10 at home and IE at school too although I'm not sure which version.

Just had another go using a different kind of image file and noticed that when I click on 'Send it to the Server' the file address disappears and so does the browse button. The Send it to the Server button is still there but can't be clicked on again.

Goodness. You're absolutely right - I don't generally use IE so I hadn't noticed this since the upgrade. Thanks for pointing it out Helen, we'll try to get it sorted out soon. In the meantime, if you're able to install Firefox or Chrome, they should work instead of IE. I guess particularly on your work computer this may not be an option.

But I think we're all wanting to have a look at this photo now, however unexciting!

• Like 1

Glad it's not just me! You know when you begin to think you're going completely nuts?! I'm tempted to try and find a more exciting photo now.

Meant to say - I happened upon the Media library which has all the documents/images you've ever uploaded (don't know if this existed before but it's very handy). However, I was somewhat embarrassed to realise that the majority of mine consists of the somewhat bizarre photos I took for last year's Children in Need night!

Edited by HelenD26

I was using Firefox on my old computer, but we've recently bought a new one ( now using Windows 8) and for some reason IE!

It's been ok so I left it, but now it's doing odd things randomly (like suddenly stopping working mid anything.. or freezing or taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do something). Methinks I'll be switching back to Firefox!

Hey ho - how things change! Do you remember the dimwit that kept messaging you in a panic, Steve!

I have a problem signing out - not because I am so addicted to the forum either xDxD

I click on sign out and then get this screen

post-9650-0-77917500-1378917042_thumb.jpg

If I go back to the FSF home page I find I am still signed in.

I am using Chrome as my browser.

Given your ramblings on here sometimes Sunnyday ??????????????????????????????? xDxDxD

:o How rude! xD

You can't possibly be referring to my 'words of wisdom' surely :rolleyes:

I dont either.. but if using a shared computer it is a good idea.. imagine the havoc that others could create in your name :blink:

Oh no - I don't share nicely with anyone! :1b

Like the things I write on my sons Facebook page!

Love it! xD

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)