Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My own child - Aspergers - advice needed!

I have only just found this topic and have found it truly heart warming reading through all the replies. My heart goes out to you all, just dealing with everyday teenage angst can be hard enough!! I have no knowledge of this subject at all, but wanted to send my warmest wishes to you all.

• Like 1

What a great post to read on a grey morning, it really cheered me up and I'm so pleased for you and your son. He's lucky to have such a great mum.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I dont have a child with Aspergers but I have dealt with a few of them at work. I think you should choose your moment to talk to your son and explain to him that his brain is just wired a bit different to other peoples. This makes him special in that he thinks a bit differently to other people and may see the world in a slightly different way. It doesnt make him less a person but it might help him to understand the way he reacts to some situations if you both looked at some info etc together. My friends son is now 18 and just been diagnosed. He always knew he was a bit different and is quite pleased that he has now been diagnosed because it has helped him find a job etc. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)