Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All about DBS checks from ofsted

Rea

Has anyone tried to do a DBS for committee member, if so is there an option for the reduced fee for volunteers? I dont want to arrange a meeting with the three committee members yet until it is clear what we have to do.

I haven't yet, but if you follow the link from ofsteds site it looks pretty straight forward. Finleysmaids email said you'll have to pay an admin fee, from memory its £8.50.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sn0wdr0p

Still waiting for my new out of school staff members DBS to come through. Not as quick as before for people who had recently had a check done. Good tracking system though which shows the 5 stages of the process and where your check is. Getting desperate though as I'm going to be short staffed next week. I usually take on some holiday staff on standby but can't afford it now - and the checks may come to late in the holidays now. I have had to warn my husband that I may have to cancel my holiday as I will need to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through this thread - are you saying that DBS check has to be carried out by CAPITA and no other company - I've just sent ours off to TMG as we've done before!!

AAhhhhh!!

Committee members have to go through Capita. Unfortunately the word 'volunteer' is causing a problem, on Capitas site trustees have to pay, they are not seen as volunteers and Oftsed withdraw voluntary status for trustees a while back, not sure when.

I have just spoken to ofted regarding outstanding DBS checks for new committee members - i was given the following link and informed that as long as they fit criteria volunteers should not pay ???

www.ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk

Ref: OftsedA

there is no password but just click next or continue

i am about to check this out

right - all this has me so confused - I rang the gov dbs help line - volunteers are free - they don't charge Capita but Capita charge us an admin fee - so volunteers ie Committee members are free but Capita charge an admin fee - so I phoned Capita again as advised by gov lady - I argued how unfair it was and that charity or committee run preschools will no longer operate because of this - I asked what the admin fee was for as its all done online and only one person gets a certificate !

I shall now put my thoughts down on paper and send to them !!!!!! back to the drawing board

• Like 1

I have a student coming in for 10 hours a week voluntarily from sept as nvq placement, has anyone used TMG since changes for this ?

Looking at post further back it also looks like someone unpaid but gaining a qualification is no longer classed as voluntary either, so if I don't tell them how will they know they're not just a helper :/

• Like 1

hi mouse - if she is coming in voluntarily she is a volunteer even though she is studying too but if she is not being paid ?? I too will be in same position but i have just had a S & L student and she holds an enhanced crb through the uni - do college do this too ??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)