Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Development Matters has disappeared?

Helen

Well I've been through at least 3 versions of the national curriculum (anyone remember ALL THOSE FOLDERS???), the primary strategies (3 part lessons, literacy hour, numeracy sessions etc etc) all the EYFS incarnations (DLOs to present, at least 4, including the minor revisions to ELGs along the way I think), all the EYFSPs DLOs,2004,2008,20012, AQA,QCDA,QCA and STA...it all comes and goes and we all get on with it.

http://www.educationengland.org.uk/history/timeline.html

To be honest I'm more concerned that I might not have a job come Christmas, whilst MPs award themselves huge payrises, let alone an EYFS non statutory document!

Cx

That's not good news for you Catma. Very worrying time. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

its like something from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Gove is baron Bomburst, Truss is baroness Bomburst and introducing the child catcher, previously head of Ofsted.

Have you read his ongoing tweets about Christopher Govvin, Pooh, Twigglet (!) et al...

Just to put the cat among the pigeons our QA assessor came today so I gave it whirl and asked about the rumours. Not rumours she says but its OK we can still use them Wonderful just forked out for some lovely printed ones for our Sept intake. OMG is it worth me going back after sick leave think I will apply for Tesco's.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say that at my registration visit with Ofsted today she let on that inspectors have been told that they CANNOT use development matters anymore. She didn't know why but assumes there will be a change coming - she thought it was ridiculous too by the way!

If you read a new thread posted today - sorry can't remember the name of it, you will be able to read the Ofsted document which explains the reason why.

Hi electromonkey (loving that username :1b ) as Cait said we have been discussing this on a couple of other threads today! :1b

Think I have decided to 'worry' about it in the first week of September!!! xD :rolleyes:

If you read a new thread posted today - sorry can't remember the name of it, you will be able to read the Ofsted document which explains the reason why.

Cait - where would this be please as cannot find in search - think I have man eyes today !!

inspectors can use but cannot take the wording out of development matters to put into reports - I think it will be going eventually as government obviously have plans afoot - but as usual we will be the last to know!!!!!

• Like 1

interstingly Penny Tassoni mentioned using Mary Sheridans milestones recently.......do we think she knows something we don't????

How typical............... yesterday I was having a MEGA clear-out...........and came across these from my training many years ago!

(lucky I kept them :D:D ) xx

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updated info on this. Do we know now of there are changes ahead, feeling really deflated that I have planned staff training around EYFS development matters to maybe in a few months tell them its changed YET AGAIN!!! :angry:

You can use them if they work for you, or whatever helps you to help the children achieve the early learning goals at the end of the EYFS.

We use them, though we've had to analyse and edit most of them many times to ensure that they are clear, after discovering that we

understood many of them differently - or not at all! We have also added some other learning statements which we think are important.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)