Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health declaration charge £160.00

Guest Spiral

Guest Spiral

Hi there,

We have a new member starting and Ofsted have sent them the EY2 Health Declaration Booklet. Their gp wishes to charge £160 for completing this and we wondered if anyone can shed any light on whether this is the usual price?

I'm sure last time we paid around £40 (with a different gp),

thank you,

Spiral ;- )

Guest Spiral

Just found the BMA guidance states a price of £87.50, but gp's can charge as much or little as they like!

Can anyone else shed some light on how much they've been charged?

Thankyou,

Spiral :-)

I was told (5 years ago) it would be £35, the GP said he wanted to see me in person to do it........... then on the day he said he wasn't going to charge me as this was the only time he'd actually seen me at the Drs, and I was a very cost effective patient on their list!!!!

He joked saying he only wanted the 'in person' visit to check I did actually exist. xDxD

• Like 2

I can't shed any light on recent charges i'm afraid, the last we paid for a health declaration was £35 in 2005.

As a guideline, I was charged £75 to obtain a doctors report for a member of staff who was on long term sickness, that was two years ago.

Edited to say: £160 does seem quite excessive, but not surprising!!

Edited by Lucy P

We registered with Ofsted last year. My GP charge me £25 and my business partner was charged £15 at a different surgery.

£160 is a joke, sounds like the GP is trying it on!

Similar to above. The receptionist told me it would be £25, but exactly the same as louby loo, she saw me in person to check I was a real person and didn't charge me. It took her about 10 minutes. I think £160 is outrageous!

Edited to say the doctor saw me and completed the form not the receptionist. Must read my ramblings before posting!!

Edited by Beehive

What role has the staff member...

Unless there has been a major changed i have missed, I thought it was only the registered person and the person in day to day charge that needed to be checked by Ofsted ..(so that would be owners /committee etc and manager /supervisor) not the deputy or other staff... but Ofsted can check you have done the correct checks before employing a staff member, we never asked for a drs. form but allowed member of staff to fill in declaration.

charge that said GPs can charge what they want.. there no set fee... that does sound a big fee , but if they need it done there is nothing that can be done other than pay the charge..

That interesting, I registered as a childminder 18months ago and due to a long and complicated health history I filled in the declaration and then was asked to visit an "approved GP" in a private practice, I don't remember being charged at all...

That interesting, I registered as a childminder 18months ago and due to a long and complicated health history I filled in the declaration and then was asked to visit an "approved GP" in a private practice, I don't remember being charged at all...

It was the same for me when I registered my setting with ofsted

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Spiral

Just thought I'd update you all.

We made an apt with the GP and before the appointment came through had a call from the surgery stating they would actually charge £30 and there was no need to see the GP. All sorted now,

thank you to everyone for your advice,

Spiral :-)

Just thought I'd share this with you

I telephoned Ofsted last week as I am recruiting a new manager - they said

If an existing member of staff is to be promoted - no new forms at all to be completed- the registered person just needs to write Ofsted a letter giving the new managers details.

I asked if I was recruiting someone new they advised ; As long as I take up references, proof of identity CRB , normal recruitment bits- that is sufficient - I asked about the EY2 and was told that it was just the registered person that needs that - unless I felt there was an underlying reason why the member of staff should have one done.

Rea When we had a new manager she had to have the health form and EY2 completed even though we have a committee as the 'registered person' - I think you are also committee run? I only mention it because we were also told at first asking that it was only the registered person, but when Ofsted realised we were committee run, they changed their minds. It could have changed again but I've come across this before with them, it is as if 'committee run' doesn't fit their handy FAQs or something!