Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Birthday FSF community!

Steve

Well, that went quickly!

Ten years ago today I opened the doors of the FSF for the first time. It didn't take long before you began re-arranging the furniture and making yourselves at home, and from then on I've felt very happy acting as the caretaker/handy man.

Happy birthday to you all - because you are the FSF. It wouldn't exist without you, and I'd have had to find something else to do with my time over the last decade!

10thbanner.jpg

• Like 7

Well I for one am extremely grateful that you have spent the last ten years right here.

The FSF has provided a safe haven, a place of calm away from whatever storm has been wreaking havoc in my world, and you have offered me friendship, support, a space to think and opportunities to reflect on my practice, to work out what my beliefs are, and what is important to me and to the children I have cared for.

Oh and whilst you were at it, you have given me some of the best laugh out loud moments in my life. Ever.

Here's to the next ten years! :wub:

• Like 4

I just popped along also to wish everyone at the FSF, a happy 10th anniversay. I've learned far more than Ive shared, professionally as well as personally, and met some lovely people along the way. I am not quite sure what I would have done at some of my lowest moments without the FSF.

Thanks to everyone who has made the forum what it is, which is err, everyone! Long may it continue. I wonder what the forum will look like in 2023?

I can feel an anniversary chat coming on...it may be Valentines day, but if you're staying in, do say hello. I might even get some balloons and champers out (not to mention tea as that's what Ill be drinking!)

• Like 2

Well I for one am extremely grateful that you have spent the last ten years right here.

The FSF has provided a safe haven, a place of calm away from whatever storm has been wreaking havoc in my world, and you have offered me friendship, support, a space to think and opportunities to reflect on my practice, to work out what my beliefs are, and what is important to me and to the children I have cared for.

Oh and whilst you were at it, you have given me some of the best laugh out loud moments in my life. Ever.

Here's to the next ten years! :wub:

Hear hear, well said Maz!

A very happy birthday to everyone from me. I can only reiterate what Mundia and Happymaz have said. I have met such wonderful people on here. I have laughed and cried with you all and I am a total addict.

I would like to thank Steve for all his hard work and patience with us all and the millions of hours he puts in keeping this site safe and running smoothly. Also all those wonderful people behind the scenes at HQ , Sue, Mattkelly, TapestryMatt, Louise and of course Helen.

( I'm beginning to sound like someone from the Oscars!)

Well Mundia 2023! Golly I will be seriously old by then, but I'll pop in if I can still deal with the technology.

Happy Birthday to us, happy birthday to us, happy birthday dear UUUUssssssss, Happy birthday to us!!!!!

It has been a blast and thanks to all of you have made this a great place to hang out.....it's almost like a proper job only I have too much fun for it to be a proper job surely :P:DxD

With much Valentines love to you all,

Sue x

Happy birthday everyone.

Although I've not been here anywhere near the whole time since the FSF started, I couldn't have asked for a better place to work, or nicer people to work for. It's been great to create something that makes life easier for so many people and to be part of such a wonderful community.

• Like 1

I can feel an anniversary chat coming on...it may be Valentines day, but if you're staying in, do say hello. I might even get some balloons and champers out (not to mention tea as that's what Ill be drinking!)

Ooh! I'll be there. What time are you thinking of? I'll be the one with the red carnation in my lapel!

Ditto to everything above. This is the place I know I will find the answers plus have fun, giggles and tears.

Everything I say is preceeded by 'I read on the forum...'

I come on here before phoning the LA or Ofsted or any advisor. Thank you to everyone who's been a part of it, long may it continue because without the forum I might have to spend part of the day doing housework :(

Happy, happy birthday :) :)

Edited by Rea

Ive only been around a few months and a day never goes by without popping in!

Thanks to everyone for being here. You keep me sane and grounded.

Here is to another 10!!!

Much love!

XXXX

:1b

Happy Birthday - I really can't believe it's been 10 years!

This forum was a lifeline for me when I started running a playgroup but more than that I have made some good friends here. With all the changes ahead of us I'm sure the forum will remain that lifeline for a great many people. And the connections made here go far beyond a few typed words on a computer screen.

I shall raise a glass later :D

• Like 1

Happy 10th Birthday! Just want to say a very big 'thank you' to all on here who offer words of advice, support, 'a listening ear' when challenges arise (as they do in our line of work!), also a huge thank you to all that administrate the forum, including Matt on the PRAMS....you have been a lifesaver especially your tutorial videos!!!

Here I am, a bit late as always (I meant to post around midnight!!), but with no less heartfelt birthday wishes all round!

As I've said a million times to anyone that would listen, this place is a lifeline! Not only professionally but also personally. When I first joined almost 9 years ago, I was facing a major operation with at least six weeks laid up on crutches - the forum saved my sanity then, and has done many times since. Thank you xxx

Here's to the next 10 and more :D

Lots of love,

Hopalong xxx ;)

Can't believe it's 10 years ago. You guys have helped me through highs (and extreme lows), seen me get married and now I have my boy. I have had some fab experiences here. Thank you all.

A Very Happy 10th Birthday! :1b

I'm only sorry that I missed the first six years.........why didn't I know then about this wonderful forum..........anyway I feel honoured to have shared the past four years with some fantastic and very well informed people - thank you all :1b and of course special thanks to our Key Dude, Sue, Helen, Matt, Matt and the moderating team! :1b

Here's to the next ten years! xD

I'm getting quite emotional reading all this- and I can't find a smiley to demonstrate my feelings!

Thank you to everyone at/in/on the FSF- we love you all XX (cf Jacquie's Oscar speech ;) )

S

Happy 10th Birthday - dosn't time fly :D :wub:

Sure does! I joined in 2004 but despite leaving playgroup in 2005, I havent managed to stay away. I've spent loads of time moaning while on supply and lots of digging around as chair in that time. Have you ever looked back at old threads and posts? We've all come such a long way and all thanks to the excellent support from here. I doubt we could have done it alone. My only regret is that I've never managed to get our staff and committee to join up, still, I suppose if they did, I've have even less reason to spend so much time on here, even if some of it's spent thinking up limericks, stories, words and jokes :D

I have only been a member for last two years but I often wonder how I would have coped without you wonderful people and your fab advice. I come on here at least once a day and I have found out so much from wonderful like minded people who are part of the special breed of people who think it is quite normal to walk around with snail trails on their clothes, covered in glitter, humming the wheels on the bus to themselves while walking around the supermarket buying things just because we will use it at pre-school one day. Who's other half and family think they are quite mad because there is only so many bags of cardboard boxes & kitchen paper tubes that you can store in your house. But you know what I wouldn't want any other job. I get paid to make snowmen, have snowball fights, play dragons and run around the playground with a cape on and mask! Happy birthday!

• Like 4

An Pome

In the Forum you get time for a moan,

get advice and listen to groans;

you can search for some stuff to stop work being so tough,

and someone'll tell you about their new phone.

In a setting it's tricky,

and sometimes quite sticky,

but the Forum is there to help out.

There's Steve on PC and Matt in his PRAM who'll help you if ever they can.

Sue's about, downstairs (rearranging the chairs)

that Helen she's up for a shout.

The team are quite smashing and if your nursery goes crashing

they'll all rally and scurry about.

The Forum will muster, and listen to bluster and sort you out with a listening ear.

It's their birthday today, so Hip Hip Hooray

- raise a glass and give 'em a cheer. Hurrah!

Lots of love

pw x

• Like 8

A big thank you to all involved...

the forum as been a great source of information when I was running a setting, learning things a lot faster than via the official sources.. and seen me through many a difficult time..

I will raise a glass to all later..

Guest sn0wdr0p

Happy Birthday and thank you to everybody. I wish I had found you sooner. As owner manager sometimes it can be very lonely and being able to come on here to share my woes, questions and truimphs really helps . I am a very different practitioner now I have you all and all the children in my setting have benefitted too. I am often so excited to put in to practice some of your wonderful ideas - the latest being the growing beanstalk out of carpet tubes. I try to give as much as I take but it's not so easy when you are all so innovative, generous and caring people.

My husband laughs about me getting my daily dose of the forum and I'm sure I would suffer terribly without it - I almost get withdrawal symptoms when I miss a day! ;)

Tapestry and PRAMS have made my life so much easier for which I am extremely grateful (Gosh it's starting to sound like a prayer now).

I really really wish I could come to Brighton to meet you but hey ho another time maybe.

Thank you everyone. :wub:

Congratulations one and all. Special thanks to everyone connected with this wonderful forum. May it continue to go from strength to strength, supporting encouraging and most importantly listening to each other. I have never met any of you but I know you are all an incredible bunch of people.

Three cheers to the next ten years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)