Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Agreement For Taking Photographs

Hi good folk of forum land

does anyone have an agreement that you get parents or carers to sign prior to parents taking photographs at say a nativity etc

Thanking you most kindly

Sorry can,t help, I have statement on reg forms to agree to staff taking photos and having them in other LJ's and on website, but not for other parents taking them at events, I do have a statement on phone/camera policy saying Along the lines of 'we understand that parents may wish to take photos during pre-school events, any photos showing other children or staff must not be added to any social networking sites'

Edited by mouse63

thanks i have just re cone my phone and camera policies and this was highlighted on the Plymouth document and i thought it a good idea to have this kind of agreement from parents so everyone is clear

Hi I know this sounds harsh but we also added "in order for us all to enjoy taking photographs at events" can we please ask that no photos of other children and adults at pre-school are displayed on social networking sites. Failure to do this will unfortunately result in a ban on all photography or recording. Your help in this matter will be really appreciated.:)

A couple of years ago we had problems with parents posting photos on social networking sites, even though before every event we give the speech about not posting them etc etc. We then put a quite stern letter out to parents and told them that we would ban photos if this continued(horrible to have to threaten like that) This did seem to stop then but we still stress it very clearly before each event and have now included it in our welcome pack.

We have a letter about photo's for LJ, displays, (inlcuding if they are happy for photo sharing in these), we do the 'talk' at begining of each event etc. However the thing is- how do you actually know if pictures go on sites?

No-one at my setting (adult wise) are users of facebook etc, in fact none of us are even savvy on it's use.

xx

I have a friend who is always uploading photographs and videos taken at school and nursery productions, often with other children included. We go through the same rigmarole each time: he uploads a photo, I ask if other children are included. If he says yes, I ask if he has got the permission of the parents of the other children. He says it is all nonsense and he ignores any such considerations.

I can refuse to look at the photograph, and it is unclear whether the parents of these other children know what he is doing, or if they do know, whether they care. If I was the head of either setting what would I be able to do about it? Ultimately if he refused to co-operate, refused to agree to sign the agreement and continued to upload without consent then I guess I could ban him from attending any events.

I guess like anything, the signed agreement is only as effective as parents' willingness to agree to it, and the setting's ability to enforce it. :(

Cait I like the statement in your agreement that if children are upset in any way, no photographs would be taken. So often I've seen reluctant children cajoled into having photographs taken, as if our need to document the moment is more important than their own wishes.

As sunnyday says, very comprehensive! :1b

• Like 1

Guest cathy m

Thanks Cait

I am actually updating mine today, I particularly like your trust statement so will adapt for my childminding setting

That's good. I have put in the prospectus an outline of the agreement and added that if people don't respect it then we will have to stop allowing people to take pictures, and that would be a shame

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)