Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs 'best Fit' Progress Chart

I use this one to plot observations and call it our "Provision Gap Analysis" using it mainly to see if what we provide covers everything

Curriculum coverage check blank for forum.doc

Sometimes a "gap" ie nothing recorded may mean the child isn't really interested say in art and being creative or it might mean we haven't provided the right environment, resources etc. It can often mean that my staff have not recognised something as was the case with numbers for calculating it was a case of staff not realising it was happening or being unaware that they were supporting children with this, not that the children weren't doing it, this lead to some staff training.

Oooh - I like - thanks for sharing! :1b

• Like 1

sorry to be REALLY dim but do you just highlight the boxes? I've been making work for myself because I thought ofsted didn't like tick charts/highlights :( Has anyone had ofsted comment on their sheets to say they are happy with it done that way? I would much prefer highlighting and once done I would imagine it looks far clearer than dates everywhere lol

sorry to be REALLY dim but do you just highlight the boxes? I've been making work for myself because I thought ofsted didn't like tick charts/highlights :( Has anyone had ofsted comment on their sheets to say they are happy with it done that way? I would much prefer highlighting and once done I would imagine it looks far clearer than dates everywhere lol

Not dim at all Mrsbat - we highlight and date at the bottom of page - soooooo green = Sam at 36 months.......pink = Sam at 39 months - does that make sense?

We only use these as an 'in house' doc. and yes i got full approval from the 'Big O'........did you see the other table that Cait has helped me to make - it's a few posts back - soooooo I feed all this info onto that so that i then have all of this 'centrally' in my 'Progress matters' file - 'tis my understanding (but could be wrong!) that Ofsted want to see that leaders/managers have a clear view on what is happening with all children across the setting.....

Hope that helps......

We use a sheet very similar to sunnydays.

One A4 sheet per child for a year - staff fill this in with 'best fit' age bands. We then transfer this info onto PRAMs.

Staff were going to each directly input onto prams, but the sheets are so quick to do + plus we can all sit and do them together :1b

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

We use a sheet very similar to sunnydays.

One A4 sheet per child for a year - staff fill this in with 'best fit' age bands. We then transfer this info onto PRAMs.

Staff were going to each directly input onto prams, but the sheets are so quick to do + plus we can all sit and do them together :1b

Ah yes, I am currently 'flirting' with PRAMS :1b just slightly concerned that it could end up with me doing all the work :ph34r: :blink: xD

Edited by sunnyday

Ah yes, I am currently 'flirting' with PRAMS :1b just slightly concerned that it could end up with me doing all the work :ph34r: :blink: xD

I must admit I do end up putting most of it on, but the staff have filled out the sheets so it's not really that taxing. Some staff are happy/confident to do it- however at least by doing it myself I am easily able to 'keep an eye' on things (for want of a better word- it is friday wine night!) and pick up on any problems/issues.

Staff just put a 1,2 or 3 in the best fit age band and I input the info. PRAMs allows you add 'emerging. getting good or confident' (obviously they use correct terminology!!!)

xxx

• Like 1

Not dim at all Mrsbat - we highlight and date at the bottom of page - soooooo green = Sam at 36 months.......pink = Sam at 39 months - does that make sense?

We only use these as an 'in house' doc. and yes i got full approval from the 'Big O'........did you see the other table that Cait has helped me to make - it's a few posts back - soooooo I feed all this info onto that so that i then have all of this 'centrally' in my 'Progress matters' file - 'tis my understanding (but could be wrong!) that Ofsted want to see that leaders/managers have a clear view on what is happening with all children across the setting.....

Hope that helps......

My understanding also. So these will be useful for me. Thanks.

smiles

• Like 1

we have a chart very similar and we complete at the end of term 2, 4 and 6. It shows progress and it helps us to complete transition forms.

It also shows gaps in areas prhaps not covered and shows me maybe gaps in development of staff.

I must admit I do end up putting most of it on, but the staff have filled out the sheets so it's not really that taxing. Some staff are happy/confident to do it- however at least by doing it myself I am easily able to 'keep an eye' on things (for want of a better word- it is friday wine night!) and pick up on any problems/issues.

Staff just put a 1,2 or 3 in the best fit age band and I input the info. PRAMs allows you add 'emerging. getting good or confident' (obviously they use correct terminology!!!)

xxx

Yay! Spurred on by your encouragement - I have stopped 'flirting' with PRAMS - we have been on our first date this morning! :1b

All went well and we have arranged a second date! xD

• Like 2

No - have you?

Used it as part of my case study, had trouble getting it to work, think it is probabyl very similar and i just wondered if PRAMs was better

Thanks again Sunnyday. I hope you don't mind but I've had a bit of a "fiddle" to add bits that I want etc, thought I would upload it just incase it's of any use to anyone :1b can anyone see anything else that needs adding - or removing????

Of course I don't mind! :1b

Ooh I opened that one on iPad! It looks quite comprehensive. I note you ask for highlighting in different colours, what happens if a child hasn't changed out of one age band? I'm thinking of writing 'w12' (winter 2012) 's13' and 'e13' for end of 2013year or something, then the chart could stay with the child in the following year, as we often have children for over 2 years

Ooh I opened that one on iPad! It looks quite comprehensive. I note you ask for highlighting in different colours, what happens if a child hasn't changed out of one age band? I'm thinking of writing 'w12' (winter 2012) 's13' and 'e13' for end of 2013year or something, then the chart could stay with the child in the following year, as we often have children for over 2 years

Well I'm now deeply upset that you prefer this one to my effort :( :blink: xD

The way I see it is that if a child hasn't moved up an age band that's fine.......but perhaps just 'flags up' that more attention is needed in that area - does that make sense? :1b

Well I'm now deeply upset that you prefer this one to my effort :( :blink: xD

The way I see it is that if a child hasn't moved up an age band that's fine.......but perhaps just 'flags up' that more attention is needed in that area - does that make sense? :1b

lol don't be upset it's your handywork that started it ;)

I was thinking along the same lines Sunnyday, if in the 2nd term an area isn't highlighted then that area would maybe be more concentrated on in the next term - if you see what I mean lol xD

• Like 1

Harrumph!! Well, as you know, I have devised my own version (uploaded on here somewhere) which was 'run by' the staff before the summer break, so we'll be using that. It's always great to see how other folk are doing it though!

:P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused, do you still highlight or date the DM statements in addition to these overall charts? We mark off the statements as we see them but I worry this is a bit checklist like and can't help think filling in one of these sheets may be better but how do you then evidence you have seen the statements. Sorry bit of a ramble!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)