Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information For Parents Eyfs

I have been updating my booklet for parents - kindly proof-read by Sunnyday (big thank you!) and we thought someone else out there might be interested.

It's a word document, margins set to 1.27cm so it makes an A5 folded 'booklet'. Please feel free to use it if you can make use of it - if you have any useful suggestions for improving it, please shout!

Parents\' Guide to 2012 EYFS.doc

• Like 8

think its great Cait - but there is no explaination for what a 'WOW' sheet is - would you expect your parents to know what this is already or are they very self explainatory- that is not a criticism as you have obviously worked very hard - just know some of our parents need everything explaining!!

Ah, no, they know what it is - the Wow! wall is in their face when they walk in! haha, It's explained in the Prospectus too and at their first visit

• Like 1

I have been updating my booklet for parents - kindly proof-read by Sunnyday (big thank you!) and we thought someone else out there might be interested.

It's a word document, margins set to 1.27cm so it makes an A5 folded 'booklet'. Please feel free to use it if you can make use of it - if you have any useful suggestions for improving it, please shout!

Parents\' Guide to 2012 EYFS.doc

Ah yes it was the 'proof reading' that made all the difference! xD :lol: xD

Great document Cait - thanks for sharing! :1b

• Like 1

wow 159 downloads already - I really must print mine off too!

That's a lot of downloads - how many remembered to say 'thank-you' :blink: :( I completely understand that if you chose to share your hardwork you have made it freely available - but seriously I find it disheartening when people fail to acknowledge your kindness.........

• Like 1

That's a lot of downloads - how many remembered to say 'thank-you' :blink: :( I completely understand that if you chose to share your hardwork you have made it freely available - but seriously I find it disheartening when people fail to acknowledge your kindness.........

We have a great many members of the forum now sunnyday and probably the majority of them do not post at all. There may be a variety of reasons for this, not least of which some people are quite terrified of doing it! I well remember the first time I did - I had to quickly close down my browser and run away to lie down in a darkened room :D There is a place here for everyone regardless and all are welcome to use the advice and resources offered by others. If they feel able to share in return that is great but not a requirement. ;)

You also have to remember that many of the downloads will be of folk just having a peek at it. That doesn't mean to say they have any use for it themselves! I myself don't work in any setting any more but will still have a look at the things on offer because I'm nosey. :1b

• Like 2

We have a great many members of the forum now sunnyday and probably the majority of them do not post at all. There may be a variety of reasons for this, not least of which some people are quite terrified of doing it! I well remember the first time I did - I had to quickly close down my browser and run away to lie down in a darkened room :D There is a place here for everyone regardless and all are welcome to use the advice and resources offered by others. If they feel able to share in return that is great but not a requirement. ;)

You also have to remember that many of the downloads will be of folk just having a peek at it. That doesn't mean to say they have any use for it themselves! I myself don't work in any setting any more but will still have a look at the things on offer because I'm nosey. :1b

Point taken! :1b

Guest sn0wdr0p

Many thanks.

My EYA thought it was great so many thanks for this. We are going to hand this out to our parents. It's great that I need only use one sheet of paper which is always a factor when I hand out lots of other information to parents.

I remember when I first started out as a childminder and all I handed out was a copy of the contract. Now parents are overwhelmed by policies, EYFS guides, monthly menus, meet the staff etc. etc.

Thank you, yes. My mantra when making anything to give to parents is, "keep it simple, keep it short" and generally if my daughter can understand it without question then I know there's no 'lingo' in there that they'll question or worry about.

You are right about bombarding parents with paperwork. When I first started, our prospectus and policies etc that we gave to parents was a two sheet folded into a5 booklet, and that had everything in! Now I'm grateful for the website to put it all on so I don't have to use a tree every time a parent joins us!

Thanks for that Cait it has saved me time and money as I was planning on using the 'official' parents guide but was beginning to be concerned at the price of printing it all - this has really helped and I have put a link for the official guide on the back for parents who do want to know a bit more . You are a star :1b

Edited by redjayne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)